Chapter 4 - Daddy's Note

Chapter 4 – Daddy’s Note

I stared at the man not even knowing what to say to him.

So many thoughts were whizzing through my head. My dad was defiantly alive but did I want him to be, after so long? Did I even want to meet him? It was his fault I was in this mess!

"Little Clara doesn't seem so big and clever now." The Chinese man jeered at me.

I shot him a dirty look which in turn he chuckled.

"You need to come with us now anyway" he walked away out the door.

I still just sat there staring at the vacant spot the man had just been. All my smart remarks and attitude completely gone after I found out that giant information.

"Let's go, cutie." The coffee man told me.

"My name is Clara. Not cutie." I spat angrily at him.

"You’re even cute when you’re angry" he chuckled when I gave him another dirty look "I'm Alfie"

"I don't care"

He unlocked the chain and pulled me up "you'l get used to this, its not like its forever" he paused and looked at me sadly.

"What?"

"Let's just hope your dad doesn't fuck up" he held my wrist as he walked me from the room.

"How will he-"

Alfie span around and gave me a glare to say 'be quiet' as we pasted a group of men who looked at me hungrily. I felt the sick rise in my throat when one of them slapped my bum. I kept quiet.

Alfie’s grip on my wrist got tighter as he dragged me through the unknown corridors until we got to a small room.

It was better than the last room, it at least have a sofa and I couldn't see any chains, so that was an up.

"We have to stay in here for a few hours till it’s safe to move you to your apartment."

I looked up at him shocked "apartment?"

He nodded "it won't be all fun and games; you will be guarded at all times."

A small part of me -being a teenage girl- was excited at the fact that I would get to have my own apartment, however looking at the reality of things I would rather be living with my mom comfortably at home.

Alfie went over and sat on the sofa "so cutie, how long have you know about this?"

I ignored the fact that he called me Cutie and looked at him confused "what do you mean?" My voice still sounded shaky.