Chapter 15 - discoveries

Chapter 15 - Discoveries

"Where are we going?" I ask Will as he led me out of the fast food restaurant.

"Too have some fun!" he was still smiling that wicked smile that would put me on edge if I didn't know him. I stayed silent by his side not really wanting to get confused by his cryptic words.
Will drives like a maniac. I think my lunch may come up and out my mouth. "Will!" I scream as he took a corner sharply and my head smacks the window.

"Sorry, baby. I just want to get to Ben." he tells me.
I froze "We were going to see Ben?" would he still be angry with me? Would he even talk to me? What was the unreadable expression he gave me last night?
"Earth to Clara? Did you just hear what I said?" Will asks me.
"Uh?" I look at him my thoughts of seeing Ben still rushing through my mind. Will seems to take that as a yes and carries on speaking.
"Yeah, so you should be ok as long as you stay in another room or something."
"I don't want to be left on my own." I tell him when really I wanted to just see Ben and sort out our argument.
Will grimaces "Are you sure? It could get messy..."
I nod "I don't care." as long as I see Ben.
"Fine. If I get in trouble then you have to say you were being your usual stubborn self." he smirks at me.
I gave him a look of fake shock "I'm not stubborn."
Will just raises his eyebrow at me and we start laughing.

We pull up in a small, crappy side road and Will gets out the car. I follow suit staying close behind him. Will reaches out and takes my hand. I hold on tightly as he leads me through a wooden door. The first thing that hit me was the stench, I gag. Putting my spare hand over my mouth and nose trying to block out the smell of damp, must and something else that I couldn't name. Will chuckles.

"You get used to it." he tells me as he breaths freely the smell clearly not affecting him.
"It's disgusting." I say, my voice muffled from my hand.
 The hallway seems to go on forever until we finally got to a door "Are you sure you don't want to stay in the study?" Will asks me one more time.
Why did he keep asking me that? It can't be that bad whatever is happening inside this room? "Positive." I tell him.
Will shrugs "If you’re sure." and opens the door pushing me in first then quickly shutting the door behind him. "Go." he nods at the plastic sheets hanging from the wall. I push them aside and walk through them and I gag as the bile runs up my throat.

"Guess your lucky today. I have been distracted." Ben snarls at Simon who is sitting gagged and tied to a chair blood running down his face I could barely make out it was him. "Why is she here?" Ben asks Will putting the power drill on a table. What the hell was he going to do with that? I stare at it with wide eyes.
"She was being stubborn." Will explains to him.
"What is this?" my voice barely a whisper as I took in the room around me. The walls covered in various knifes and objects. The tables smeared with blood.
"She shouldn't be here!" Ben shouts angrily "Leave!" he walks up to me the fury in his eyes makes me back up against the wall something sharp pressing in my back.

"Ben." Will warns and steps closer to me.
"Stay away from her." he shouts venomously. I watch wide eyed this is not the Ben I know at all.
I feel the tears in my eyes "What's happened to you?" my voice a raspy whisper. He glares at me and I look at Will who shrugs helplessly.
"Why are you here?" he growls at me.
"I-I wanted to see you." I stuttered out.
His eyebrows raise "You wanted to see me? You want to see this?" he starts walking back to the table of objects "sure, stay watch." he says now causally, as he picks up a power drill.