❃4❃

The coachman opened the door for the four young lords. Each of them stepping down from the two steps of the carriage before standing in front of The Imperial Palace. Wooyoung marvelled at how such building could be so grand as he tried to keep up with his friends as they entered the place.

Outside had well kept bushes and grass with a beautifully sculpted fountain in the center, as well as a few spotlights from the lamps that were evenly distributed around the place. The main building was huge and tall. Many windows lined most of it at the front, but it also had a few arched framing on the walls and other tall columns. Inside looked just as majestic. Chandeliers were hanged on the high ceilings emitting a soft gold glow, polished marble floors that one could practically see their own reflection, and the empty knight armours that reminded everyone in the palace that the place was heavily guarded.

The four young lords soon reached some big double doors where two servants stood on each side with their hands at their backs. Hongjoong took the liberty of telling them each of their family names and how they were to be addressed. The servant nodded and cracked the door a little to relay the words to the announcer that was on the other side of the door.

"Young Lords Hongjoong, Yunho, Yeosang, and Wooyoung of the Kim, Jeong, Kang, and Jung Families!" The males watched as the door opened up after their names were announced. Wooyoung bit the inside of his cheeks to keep himself from releasing a squeal of excitement and amazement.

At the sight of the ballroom, he couldn't believe that he was now living the world of a novel. The tiled design in the middle of the room became the dance floor with a grand staircase at the other side of the room, chandeliers and other candelabras that are on the walls and on the food tables shined brightly, and the people that interacted with one another gave life to the room.

It truly felt like a fairytale ball.

"What do you guys want to do first?" Yeosang asked while they made their way to the food and drinks tables. Each of them taking a glass of champagne each before toasting with each other.

"Well, I for one don't want to get near my parents for a while seeing as how I'll most likely get wrapped up in business conversations" Hongjoong sipped on his glass as his eyes looked around over its rim to see if his parents were near by. The other three hummed in agreement, not wanting to hear business deals while they were at a party.

"There's no rush anyway. It's either we look around for our soulmates aimlessly or stuff our mouths with the food" Wooyoung joked but eyed one of the many plated blueberry pies that was on the white clothed table.

"Now entering! His Imperial Majesty and Imperial Princes, Choi San and Choi Jongho!"

The announcer said with his booming voice at the top of the stairs. Behind him were two grander doors that opened slowly. Everyone in the room halted everything that they were doing and faced the doors that revealed the three royals, soon bowing down when they saw them. With his head down like the others, Wooyoung recalls that the king would be an old man and that instead of the princes' father, he was actually their grandfather. Getting nudged on his right side by Yeosang's elbow, Wooyoung snaps from his thoughts as he raises his head back.

'You have got to be kidding me' He said in his head.

He understands now. He understands why the book described the prince's face like he was some kind of art, he understands why many of the people here adored him, he understands why the original 'Wooyoung' fell for The Imperial Prince Choi San.

He was magnificent.

Staring at the man that was on the small balcony, Wooyoung was in this some kind of trance. His black hair pushed back except for a few strands that curved on his forehead, fox-like eyes that could make one feel so intimidated and cower in fear in a second, and other features that helped the male make his presence known. Wooyoung had to pinch himself on the leg to stop his staring at the royal.

"Good evening everyone, I thank all of you who are able to attend my eldest grandson's birthday celebration tonight" The king glanced at the said male to his right. San said nothing - as per usual - but gave a small nod in acknowledgement to his subjects for attending his party. His eyes looked around the place till they landed on a male near the drink table whose interest was on his glass of champagne that he twirled with his fingers.

'Odd' He thought. His attention going back to his grandfather.

"Please enjoy yourselves with the finest drinks, food, and music. And, San. Happy birthday" The old man then exited the room, not staying at the party to continue some work he had left in his study. That's when the guests continued mingling with one another again.

"22 boring birthday banquets in a row. That's a record" Jongho snickered next to his brother while he looked at the similar set up from the past years.

"At least I didn't go to war and destroy an entire enemy kingdom for a whole month on my 19th birthday" San said back. The two didn't go down the stairs, not wanting to be bombarded by the nobles just yet.

"For your information, I enjoyed it. At least my guests were my knight squadron and not snobby nobles who puts on a facade of being nice"

The brothers felt the weight of being a royal ever since they were young, and they both agreed that it had more cons than pros. Multiple targets were placed on their backs, etiquette is expected from them, and the weight of the kingdom rested in their hands. And with San being the next in line for the throne, he knew he had it rough. His grandfather is on the list of the greatest rulers that their kingdom has ever had. So, many of the people were having high hopes for him to follow those footsteps and maybe even surpass them.

"Now, if you will excuse me, time for me to taste some of those strawberry mousse" Jongho now left his brother on the stairs to grab himself of the sweet desserts. San shook his head with how casual his brother can be when they were in front of classy aristocrats. Not having much of a choice, the male soon stepped down from the stairs as the guest started to crowd around him, wishing him happy birthday that had a deeper meaning.

Another boring birthday indeed.