❃6❃

For three days Wooyoung was stuck in his bedroom. The incident from the prince's birthday banquet was all but a blur to him. The reason for his confinement was because of his friends and mother making him stay there to get some rest.

His friends told him that after fainting that night, Yunho had to carry him all the way to bed. So when Wooyoung found out about it the next morning, he thanked the older a bunch of times to which he said that it was fine and that he'll think of something that will serve as compensation, and Wooyoung was fine with it.

Both his friends and parents were still wondering what happened to him that caused him to faint and how he ended up getting hickeys on his neck, so he told them what happened. He explained how he was trying to get back to the party while a drunk bastard harassed him, and how Prince San helped him and dealt with the drunkard.

Wooyoung didn't know if it was because of the book's plot or if it was because San is his destined soulmate that brought him where he was getting attacked but he was thankful for the help none the less. The male may have looked cold, but his actions told him otherwise. And that got Wooyoung's brain thinking.

What if he could really change San? Better yet, change the entire novel.

Thaw the prince's ice heart, unite their crests, escape his death scene and live happily ever after.

The idea sounded nice to Wooyoung. He's become fond of the world already and the people around him were wonderful, he's become too attached to everything that he didn't want to leave. Whether or not there was an exit door from this world to his original one, he would choose to stay here.

A knock on the door broke Wooyoung's thoughts and broke him back to reality. In his hand held a quil, its ink dripped onto the paper beneath it where Wooyoung was supposed to write notes on the book that he was reading for his class about the economic industry of this world. It was different and a little confusing at first, but after mixing his studies with how his parents managed their textile business, he's got the hang of it.

"Enter" Wooyoung sighed and leaned back on his chair as he was still halfway through his review session. His eyes landed on the doors of his room open up for Junyoung, to which he soon found out from the original 'Wooyoung's' memories, the male is actually his personal servant.

Jungyoung's right hand was placed on his chest right where his heart is supposed to be as he bows to the male. "His Grace has asked for you in his study" The servant glanced at his young lord's desk. Papers sprawled out making them crumple with one another, a few books stacked on top of each other, and the paper in front of the male had a blob of ink on it.

"The reason?" Wooyoung stood up from his chair and stretched his aching body from being hunched over for a while. After hearing a satisfactory pop around his neck, he wears a blazer that he took off before he studied, making him look more presentable.

"His Grace hasn't disclosed anything"

"Hmm, well I can head there myself. Clean up for me?" The male gave Junyoung an embarrassed smile because of how messy his desk was at the moment. The servant returning a small smile back.

"Of course. That is my job"

"Thank you" Wooyoung then left his room to begin his walk to his father's study room.

On his way, he came up with things that his father might want to discuss about. The Duke may look cold and intimidating but with the way how Wooyoung saw his father, he just has a tough time expressing his feelings.

As he walked along the green and gold carpeted hallway, Wooyoung feels his chest tighten. The walk toward the wooden double doors feels like ages as his stomach coils and churns with nerves. Wooyoung could tell that something about this meeting with his father was going to go wrong in some way. Swallowing the lump in his throat and taking a deep breath, the male lifts his fist to knock on the door. After a second a silence, a voice in the room tell for him to enter.

Opening the door, Wooyoung immediately spots his father on his desk. He notices how his desk was somewhat similar to his earlier. Some papers were either stacked in a small pile while others were scattered about, square pieces of cloth were layed out on his left, and books that were opened to reveal sketches of clothing. Wooyoung stands properly before breaking the silence.

"You asked for me, father?"

His hands fiddled behind his back. Wooyoung didn't like it that it was only him and his father in the room since usually his father's personal servant would be either outside the room or next to him. But it looks like his father must have dismissed him to have a private chat. And that did not help his nerves.

"I did. Have a seat" The Duke nodded for the male to sit on the two couches that faced each other that was in front of his desk. In between was a coffee table that had tea and biscuits. Wooyoung took a seat and noted how the there were some of his favourite cookies on the platter.

The Duke finishes what he was writing and stands to join his son on the opposite couch from where he sat. Wooyoung silently takes a sip of his tea like his father. The two sat in the room with silence, nothing but the sound of the birds from the tall opened windows came in along with their cups clinking onto their small plates. The Duke clears his throat before placing his cup back on the table.

"How's your recovery?" He starts off. Wooyoung sets his tea on the table, being respectful to give his father all of his attention and following his classes from tea etiquette.

"Fine. My room is beginning to be a bit stuffy so it's nice to get out"

Grabbing a half-moon cookie from the platter in front of him, Wooyoung munches on it to help him calm his nervousness.

"I see" The Duke taps his finger on his knee repeatedly.

"I supposed there's no point in dragging the matter any longer," Wooyoung finishes his cookie and looks at his father expectantly. Waiting for the news that would be brought upon him.

"During the Imperial Prince's birthday banquet, I was able to be acquainted with the Imperial Tailor"

Wooyoung eyes widen a little. Meeting the Imperial Tailor meant a lot to his father and the business. If his father was able to be acquainted with the tailor, then there was a chance that the tailor would notice their textile business and they would become the Imperial Palace's cloth importer. It was a chance that could make their business go up by a lot that their rank as a Ducal family might go up along with it. However, his father didn't care if their rank rose, he was only interested in business and providing for others.

"That's wonderful, what did he say?"

"He told me that he was willing to cooperate and that he could try some of our fabrics for his designs, however..." The Duke's eyes fall to his lap, trying to think of a better way to get his words across.

"What is it? Did he ask for an odd number of fabrics?" Wooyoung asked feeling curious as to why his father was hesitating.

"No, it's because that... He wants you to be his apprentice in exchange"