❃12❃

Making his way down the halls of the castle, Wooyoung flipped through the pages of his sketchbook. The book being his second sketchbook this month, and he's been using it as more of a stressbook instead. Using it as to get his mind away from thinking about the first climax of the novel's plotline and to stop getting envious of his friends whenever they would visit their soulmates.

It being about a week since his friends found their lovers, and Wooyoung's been finding it difficult to keep his cool in check these days. He's doing his best to avoid being the destined villian that he was, but everytime he sees his friends in the castle he knows that they were most likely there to visit their soulmates. Sure, they gave their attention to him as well when he wasn't too busy working with Eden on a dress, yet seeing his friends run to their soulmates whenever it was their turn with his friends, he became jealous.

Not jealous of who their lovers were, but jealous of what they and their lovers have.

He only sighs as his hand runs through his hair, not wanting to dive into the topic deeper as he continues to make his way outside of the palace. The male having no work today as his teacher was at the Academy to give a demonstration for the students. So Wooyoung thought that he could spend the day outside either have tea or draw some sketches using his surroundings, or just probably do both.

But, he needed to ask Maddox to prepare the tea for him since he also wanted to get some feedback for his latest sketches, but the servant was nowhere to be found. So that's what the male was doing, going around the grand halls to find the older for the past 15 minutes. Wooyoung huffs as frustration from looking for the servant hits him, accepting the fact that he'll just skip on the tea and company.

The male then heads for the outdoor garden. Once out, he follows a path that will hopefully lead him to somewhere peaceful with a nice view for him to gather ideas for his book. Looking around, he spots Maddox pushing a cart as he heads somewhere. Wooyoung abandons his route and chases after the servant.

"Maddox!" The said male turns to see Wooyoung jogging up to him. He stands next to him as he pants a little.

"I finally found you. I was wondering if you could bring me some tea and help me with my sketches"

Wooyoung's eyes then fall to the cart that the older was pushing. On it was a teapot with freshly made tea inside, teacups placed neatly on saucers with the same design, as well as cookies and muffins that smelled delightful.

"Who are these for?"

"For me"

The male's eyes widen at the familiar voice. He turns to his left to see the Imperial Prince sitting on one of the chairs in the gazebo that the two were standing in front of. Wooyoung gulps as it's been a while since he's interacted with San, only passing each other in the hallways (Of course bowing at the royal) or getting glimpses of the other.

"Your Highness" The male greets with a bow, distant memories of the last time he didn't greet the royal properly playing in his head. Now feeling embarrassed for suddenly showing up.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, I'll take my lea-"

"Don't." The royal's head leaning on his knuckles while his hand was propped up on the table and his legs crossed on top of the other. Wooyoung gets intimidated by the cold stare that the other was giving him.

"You wanted tea and company right? Then sit" The male looks as Maddox was now setting the tea on the clothed table before looking back to San.

"I shouldn't"

"Then I command you to sit and have tea with me"

Wooyoung bites his lip as he knows that this might be an awkward situation for the two, but who was he to deny a royal's command. It was only to have tea for goodness sake. Wooyoung sighs through nose as he steps into the gazebo, not having much of a choice.

He sits directly in front of San while he places his sketchbook on the table on the side. His gaze remains on the tea in front of him, watching the barely visible steam rise up as it dissipates into the air. He looks up to see the prince take a sip of his own drink, displaying his elegance as his head stays still while he uses his hand to tilt the cup, his pinky sticking out.

"Aren't you going to drink?" The prince inquires after setting his cup back down in the table. His eyes staring at the male in front of him.

Wooyoung gulps as he nervously picks up the cup and saucer, blowing it softly to make it cool before drinking it. He takes cautious sips as if there would be poison in the drink, but it was just him being careful to not burn his tongue off. He becomes surprised at the tea's flavour.

Berry tea.

His favourite tea ever since he came to this world. The first time he tasted it was with his mother when she found out about his crest. Inviting him outside of their home and in their garden to have a celebratory tea party for gaining his crest. He loves the sweet taste it left on his taste buds, the aroma of the fresh berries, and the calming effect it has on him was amazing. So for the prince to be drinking this was making him miss home.

Wooyoung then makes a mental note to ask Eden for a leave to visit his parents soon as he sip on his drink some more, barely noticing the prince and his gaze on him anymore until he spoke up to start a conversation.

"What's in the book?"

San's finger tapping on the chair's armrest, he has been eyeing it ever since the other male sat down with him. Curious as to what was written on its pages. Wooyoung lifts his gaze from his drink and onto the royal, placing his cup and saucer on the table with a clink.

"My sketchbook, Your Highness" The male's fingers play with each other as his nervousness comes back to him. Having the Imperial Prince's attention on him still hasn't settled in. The royal hums as he shuffles to place his right leg over his left one.

"May I?"

"They are nowhere near good"

"Please"

Wooyoung perks up at that. It was still emotionless, yet the fact that San asked him nicely and not threatingly was a small sign that he was trying to get along with him. Going back to what the other said, he picks up his book with his two hands and carefully hands the book to not hit the cookie stand that was in the middle of the table. The prince stretches his hand out to grab the book, albeit, stretching it a bit too much as their fingers quickly brush against one another.

The touch lingers on Wooyoung's finger before he hides them behind the table and on his lap. He stares at the prince going through his sketchbook, feeling a little conscious on what the other male might think of his drawings. His teeth sink into his bottom lip as he waits in deafening silence for San's judgement.

"They could be better"

San's words replay in his head. His words were flat but not insults, and Wooyoung takes it as a compliment as he watches the other close his book and place it in front of him. The prince then takes his teacup and drinks the remnants of it. Wooyoung follows the action, his cup hiding the small smile the appeared on his lips.

Both felt the slight change of atmosphere around them, it becoming more bareable, more comfortable. Wooyoung saw the effort that San was doing in trying to talk to him. Stiffling his giggles when the male would slip into a more friendly attitude only to go back into his emontionless one, to which it went unnoticed by the prince as he only turned to the side before going into another topic.

Teacups empty, cookies eaten, and stomachs full. The two still continued their conversation until Maddox interrupted them by standing in front of the gazebo. He bows before speaking.

"Forgive me, Your Highness but His Majesty has requested for your presence. He wishes to finalize the plans for the Spring Festival next week"

Wooyoung's interest was now on what the older just said. The Spring Festival from the book was set as the first climax of the story. From there, an ambush would occur during the festival. When he read at first, he thought that some action would finally start, but oh much he was regretting those thoughts. The ambush was so severe that the Spring Festival had to be cancelled and that a few was left injured. And there was also a part where San had saved the original 'Wooyoung'. But, he made a grave mistake by forcing himself onto the royal, causing him to make the prince's hatred for him grow more.

Wooyoung thought that maybe because of the other version of him was so demanding of affection from the prince, perhaps that was the cause of why San didn't get his crest.