❃7❃

"Excuse me?" Wooyoung eyebrows furrow together. Taking a moment to replay what his father just said.

The Imperial Tailor wanted him to be his new apprentice.

Many questions began circulating in his head, but the thought of going back to the palace didn't sit well with him. He still hasn't gotten over the incident that has now become a scary memory of the place, and he certainly was still not ready to meet the prince again.

"But father, you know how I just got harassed in those halls two nights ago. It hasn't even been a week, yet you speak to remind me such horrible experience of mine"

Wooyoung grits his teeth, doing his best to control an outburst in front of his father. The original 'Wooyoung' would have been delighted to hear that he would visit the palace again, but not this time. If this was the novel's doing of bringing the soulmates together, then Wooyoung needed to try harder.

The Duke sighs, he knew that his son would have this reaction. "Look, I know that you are still in the healing process but this deal would go down in our family history." The man looks at his son to see a wary expression on his face. "Think of it this way; If you agree to this, then you'll be able to stay in the castle and it'll be your choice whether the business' inheritance goes to you or a cousin of your's. And you might find your soulmate there"

Wooyoung's gaze falls to his lap. His father did have a knack that could convince people, and if he were to be honest, it was slowly working on him. He was still hating the idea of going back to the palace, but he knew he needed to go. If he was going get his happy ending then he needed to get closer to The Imperial Prince, and this apprenticeship was the first way to start. He didn't have much to lose.

Releasing a deep breath through his nose, he stares back at his father who stayed silent to let him sort his thoughts.

"Okay, I'll do it"

"Really? That's fantastic. I know you'll do well" A proud smile grace The Duke's lips. Wooyoung reciprocated it with a more lopsided one. The two ate a few more cookies that were still on the platter, not bothering to touch the cold tea.

"Before I forget, when do I leave for the palace?" Wooyoung takes another snickerdoodle cookie from the table and looks at his father who clear his throat.

"Tomorrow morning"

His son then starts coughing roughly from the cookie that he swallowed wrong. He pats his chest and takes a sip of the cold tea, washing down the food that almost choked him. After calming down, he wipes his mouth with a napkin before placing it on the table.

"Why so soon?"

"In the business world, the words 'the better the earlier' is a common thing" His father then stands up from his seat and goes back to his desk, plopping down on the wooden chair to continue the paperwork that he was dealing with.

"Does mother know of this?" Wooyoung watches as his father's quil stops for a second at the mention of his wife before going back to writing and filling the room with small white noise as the tip of the feather scratches on the paper effortlessly.

"I... Haven't told her yet, I was hoping you could do that for me"

Wooyoung couldn't help the smile on his lips from growing at his father's words. Many people assume that his father was the one to make the decisions, but in reality, his mother had a say in some of those. The Duchess had this effect on her husband that could make him take down his walls. They were soulmates after all, and Wooyoung thought that maybe someday, if his plan to make San feel what real love was like then maybe there was I chance for them to be like his parents.

I chance for them to have there own happy ending.

-

Wooyoung watches as two servants place the last chest into a second carriage that was filled with his clothes. The next morning arrived sooner than he expected as it was time for him to leave for the palace to be an apprentice.

His mother was surprised when he told her about the deal that his father made but she was more surprised that the male agreed to it. Seeing as she couldn't do anything about it anymore, she only told Wooyoung to be careful and look after himself alongside grumbling a few words about how she was going to have a word with her husband.

"Woo!"

The said male turns to the side to see a carriage arriving. Sticking out of the carriage's window was Yunho's head before he pulled it back in as the box came to a stop. The coach didn't need to get down from where he sat at the front to open the doors since his friends beat him to it. The three males ran to the younger and envoloped him in a bone crushing group hug. Wooyoung giggles at their antics.

"I see you got my letter?" The male sent his friends a letter each, in it was about the deal, his apprenticeship, and how he was leaving for the palace this morning. He felt like they deserved to know since they were his friends, plus he could spare himself from getting a mouthful from them when they found out about it late.

"Of course we did! Did you know that I almost passed out when I read the letter?" Yunho had his hand on his chest to add some dramatic flare onto his words. Wooyoung chuckled with Yeosang and Hongjoong giggling beside him.

"Are you still sure about this Wooyoung? It hasn't been long since that night you know" The eldest's eyes looked at the male with concern. Not wanting for Wooyoung to leave his home when he wasn't ready and troubled by his feelings, especially if those very halls would only cause another traumatic experience for him. The younger smiles and takes the older's hands in his to reassure him.

"I'll be fine, I promise."

Wooyoung's gaze lifts from their joined hands and towards his three friends.

"Don't worry, I'll visit you guys from time to time, I mean you guys can also visit me at the palace. Just tell them that you're visiting me and they'll let you in no questions asked. And who knows, maybe my soulmate or you're guys' soulmate might be there" Wooyoung snickered on the last part. He knew that his soulmate was already at the castle, but the book never mentioned if his friends found their other half. It only stated that because of the original 'Wooyoung' turned cold to them he abandoned them all together. But the Wooyoung now isn't to let that happen.

The Wooyoung now was here to change the plot, write his own story. One filled with adventure, drama, and most importantly love. He didn't want the happy ending just for himself and San but for his friends too.

"Well, if you ever do bump into our soulmates then make sure to send us a letter as soon as possible" Yeosang half jokingly said as he showed his hand with the crest to remind his friend of what it looked like. Him being curious as to who his soulmate would be ever since he got his crest.

"Of course, but until then I'll be interrogating the person to see if they are fit for you guys" The four then soaked up the last time that they'll be complete for a while. As they chatted happily, Wooyoung's parents arrived where the males were. The three other males bowing politely at their presence.

"I cannot believe my son is leaving the nest" The Duchess cups the male's faces and stares at his face as if she could forget how he looked like. The two shared a gentle hug, one that Wooyoung won't be able to feel in a while. He releases her and moves to his father next.

"You'll do great" His wife then elbowed his side as if he forgot about something. "And I'm sorry for roping you into this" Wooyoung didn't say anything but pulled his father in a hug as well. The Duke was surprised but eventually hugged back.

"Everything is ready Young Lord Wooyoung" A servant said to them. Wooyoung pulled back from his father and smiled to both of his parents. He walks to get to the carriage and settles inside. Looking out of the small window, he smiles and waves to his family and friends one last time before the coachman flicks the reigns in his hands to make the horses move.

As the carriage slowly left the estate, Wooyoung braces himself for the palace where a new part of the novel's plot might unfold.