❃26❃

Days passed quickly. It was now the last week of the month, and Wooyoung honestly didn't feel good these past days, specifically today being the worse.

The male wasn't physically sick that's for sure. But he just had this growing worry in him that he had no idea where it stemmed from. He's been doing his best to control it for the sake of his sanity and that he also doesn't want for San to be alarmed when he has already a lot to worry about. Yet, something about today made him feel odd about something.

Going back to focus on his task, Wooyoung and Eden had sat on their respective desks. Each busy with their own things. The tailor was busy with paperwork, while the apprentice was busy stitching a pretty lace design on a dress.

Eden closes a folder that he just finished and haphazardly threw it to the side of the table. Concentrated on his needlework, Wooyoung flinches at the small thud on the wood that the needle that he was pushing through the fabric and thin lace got shoved too much by his thumb that his other finger got stabbed by the sharp needle. He drops the dress and needle as he saw the small round drop of blood on his finger.

"Goodness! Wooyoung, you're bleeding!"

He lifts his eyes from his finger to see his mentor dash for the storage room. A slight sting rested on the wound itself but Wooyoung felt numb from the pain. His eyes remains on the slowly dripping red liquid until he catches the tailor's figure from the corner of his eyes return as he stood in front of his desk with a medical kit.

"It's not even afternoon yet and you are already this jumpy. Is there something bothering you?"

The apprentice lets the older clean his tiny injury by pressing a cotton ball over the bleeding. Gently dabbing some ointment on the puncture wound, another cotton ball gets placed on where the miniscule hole was and gets secured by a plaster. Eden places everything back in the tin box and lets his apprentice speak.

"I'm not even sure myself. There's just something that feels strange. Maybe its stress." The last sentence came out as a question instead of a statement like he intended to. Wooyoung really doesn't get it. He wants to assure himself that everything is fine and that maybe he was tired, but he knew he was only fooling himself. He could feel his stomach boil, hands clammy, and toes curled and uncurled. Something about today made him almost sensitive to everything, as if something would be happening on that day.

And he felt it to be a bad one.

Hearing Eden sigh made the male aware that he was now slowly affecting the other around him, he just hopes that he wouldn't run into San. "You know I can't have you keep working in this condition." He gives the tailor a nod without looking at him. "I'll let you go early so that you can work on calming yourself down. Do something that you like, do something new, visit the festival in town even." Interested, he looks at his mentor at the mention of a festival at the Capital.

"There's a festival?"

"You don't know? It's the Crest's holiday."

The Crest holiday. No such thing came up in the original story nor a memory that would usually flash in Wooyoung's mind. That itself was the first alarm that went off in the apprentice's head, but he shook it off as he could slowly feel a migrane attack on his head if he were to stress his brain even more.

"Alright then, I'll go to the town to clear my mind. Are you sure that it's fine for me to leave early?"

Standing up, the male clears his desk a little before heading for the workshop doors.

"Yes of course it is. I don't want my lovely apprentice to work in such conditions." The two chuckle at the older's words. Wooyoung bids Eden goodbye and says another 'thank you' before exiting the workshop.