❃24❃

The atmosphere in the castle felt oddly... Lighter as some castle tendants would put it. Everyone noticed that ever since San and Wooyoung came back from the estate something changed. However, no one could actually put a pin on it though.

The prince's aura changed in the slightest bit but he still wore his intimidating face. The other male didn't seem to change except for him being more bubbly than before. And then there was this tension between the two. It wasn't a violent one which the servants and maids were thankful for that's for sure, and some only thought about them having a real friendship going on between them but that wasn't likely. So, many just assumed that the two males had learned to get along and that maybe because of the prince getting a vacation he had the time to take an actual break.

Sadly, that easygoing tension slowly faded after a few days as many could feel the tansion rise back to how it was before. San was back to his task on finding the magic user who sent an ambush on the Spring Festival, leaving Wooyoung missing the royal's warmth and a few questions as to what their relationship was since he knew very well they weren't just friends.

So he made it a mission of his to visit the prince in his quarters, tonight. Regardless of his tired fingers after working at the workshop for a couple of hours since he and Eden needed to catch up on a few orders, he still had the strength in him to sneak quietly through the ambient halls and trust his faint memory on how to get to San's chambers. A few wrong turns and hiding behind corners later, Wooyoung now stood at the prince's door that his memory gave him.

Brushing off the sense of deja vu, he checks the halls one last time for anyone that could find him weird for being in front of San's door so late at night. His fist comes up and knocks on the wood. A minute goes by and before he could knock another time, the door cracks open.

Past it revealed the prince who looked worn out. His black shirt had two buttons undone to let him breath with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His eyes that usually held authority in them now held drowsiness that got covered by his hair that fell over his forehead. And his hunched stance as he stood unlike normally he was standing up right to show off his lean figure and small waist. Wooyoung felt sorry for the exhausted male.

"What are you doing here?" San whispers as if they could get caught any moment now. Which was likely to happen.

"I wanted to see you and ask you about something." The male didn't know why he spoke so carefully, maybe it was just so that he wouldn't add more worry on the prince's plate. "What is it then?"

"Can't I come first?"

Only getting a glimpse of the dark room, Wooyoung had his set gaze on the prince who seemed awfully deep in thought for deciding if he could let the male enter his room or not. A light sigh escapes San's lips as he nods and steps to side while opening the door wider for the male to enter.

The room wasn't as dark as Wooyoung first thought to be, although it was still fairly dim. It had two oil lamps on; one on the prince's bedside table and the other one on his desk. But the rest of the room was bathed in the moonlight that passed through the tall windows where the curtains no longer restricted them. Wooyoung could also feel a slight breeze come in the room as he walked in the middle of the room, to which he soon spotted the small opening of the balcony door.

"Why is it you're here?" Turning around on his heels, the male watches as San shut the door and make his way towards him.

"I want to ask you something."

"Which is?" Hesitantly, Wooyoung looks down to the floor as he collect his thoughts better before making eye contact with the other and speak up.

"Are you okay?"