❃16❃

Wooyoung's eyes tried to open, he could feel his eyeballs lift up but his eyelids remained shut. It wasn't until after a moment of letting them be that he was finally able to open them up slowly. His vision still a little blurry but he was able to get them back to normal, and the first thing he noticed was that he wasn't in his bed.

The blanket that was on his body was red rather than blue, the windows were covered by the curtains rather being open, and the room was darker rather than his bright room. Wooyoung sat up on the bed and tried to recall the latest memories that he had. The ambush on the festival, him gaining injured with San saving him, and lastly him killing a Tenebros and fainting in the prince's arms. The male's face suddenly became pale at the memories. San saved him like in the story, but does him literally fainting in the man's arms count as throwing himself onto him?

Wooyoung grips his hair out of his own idiocy and just as he was about to start blaming himself, someone's voice interrupts him.

"I see you're awake." The male's head quickly turns to where the voice came from, and strangely his face became impossibly more paler.

"Y-Your Highness"

His hand immediately flings to his mouth, hating how his voice was so dry and raspy at the moment. San rolls his eyes and gets up from leaning on the bathroom door, he walks over to the bed and Wooyoung couldn't help it but feel nervous. As the prince was close enough, he takes the glass of water that was on the bedside table and sits on the bed beside the male. He hands the glass to the other who was silently staring at him and the glass. Wooyoung couldn't apprehend what was happening at the moment, the prince was sitting so close that the male could feel their knees rub against each other through the blanket.

And Wooyoung didn't like it how his heart seemed to skip a beat as he saw how the San looked. Black hair that was partially wet since he must have finished a bath before this, loose white button up with the first two buttons undone to show a part of his collar bone and almost faint neck freckles, and the royal smelled of fresh vanilla. Wooyoung's favourite scent.

"Are going to drink o-"

San's words got cut as the other's fingers brushed against his, sending tingles to the both of them. Wooyoung tried ignoring the feeling as he drank all of the water in the glass, being mindful to not act so dehydrated in front of the royal. When he was done, the male took the glass and placed it back on the bedside table. The two sat in silence, only a hint of awkwardness came from Wooyoung as he wanted to asked several things he had in his mind.

"Where am I, Your Highness?"

The male braves a glance at the prince but immediately cowards back as he caught San staring right at him.

"In my bedroom" The royal stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, not missing how the other male's head shot up at his answer before he turn to the door where a knock got his attention. Wooyoung looks around the prince's room while he tends to the person at the door. To the left were the red velvet curtains that were blocking the tall windows where the male could also peek at a balcony on the other side, a small lounge was situated directly in front of the bed, and pass it was a dark oak desk with books and papers strewn over the wood. On the right were two double doors, one leading to the bathroom where San greeted the male and the other could be his huge closet.

Overall, the room had this comfy atmosphere that could almost match the feeling when the weather was nothing but rain and dark clouds and that one would favour just laze around in their room. And Wooyoung would have done it, except he would do it in his own room instead of San's bedroom. Well, maybe if they got closer.

"I suggest eating since I assume the last time you ate was something from the festival"

Wooyoung's eyes then diverted themselves from the prince's bathroom door. A maid pushed a food cart out of the room and closed the door behind her to leave the two together again. Their breakfast was set up at the lounge's table as its delicious smell teased the male's noise, resulting in a small growl from his stomach as he eyes the different plates.

He was about to pull the comfy blanket off of his body but noticed his attire. This wasn't his button up that he wore at the festival. His eyes met San's who was already seated on one of the couches and gulps before asking a question.

"Uhm, who changed my clothes?"

The royal halts from stirring his coffee after adding two cubes of sugar in it. He clears his throat before going back to mixing his hot brown drink.

"Maddox did" He flatly says.

The male gives him a small nod before wearing the soft slippers that were on the edge of the bed and walked over to the other couch opposite of San's. The display in front of him made him want to devour all of it he didn't cared for his etiquette. On the middle of the table was a cookie tower filled with the different baked goods. The two of them each had a plate of three pancakes presented in front of them with their cutlery and napkin to the side, as well as a glass of orange juice, water, and coffee. The other plates on the table either had fresh fruit or bacon and eggs.

Both ate the food in silence with Wooyoung trying not to moan in delight every bite he took and shovel all of it down his throat like he was starving for days. The male pours some more of the maple syrup on his plate, making it pool around another piece of pancake that he took from another platter beside him. Their utensils sliding against their plates added to the sound of the distant birds chirping in the morning sun and the busy castle outside of the room.

“Do you still feel any pain?” San gave the other a fleeting glance before putting his focus on the last piece of his pancake as he places it in his mouth. Pass his lashes, he sees the male perk up with his cheek puffed out from the food inside of them. A grin gets block by his coffee cup to drink its remnants.

Wooyoung rids his mouth of the pancake by swallowing it, swiping his table napkin across his sticky lips from the syrup. His eyes then land on his arm to where a horrible scratch should have been, as well as putting pressure on his ankle and run a hand on the fabric of his pant on his knee.

He felt fine.

“I don't feel anything, did you call for the magic users?” Wooyoung recalls Maddox briefing him about a separate building in the small forest just for the magic users who work for the Imperial Family. Those who want to continue their studies and enhance their magic were offered a chance to work under the king after a couple of years in the Academy. Sometimes they get called to the castle for extra security by casting barrier spells, sometimes helping to the king make decisions for the kingdom, and sometimes use their healing magic those who get injured like Wooyoung.

The male was thankful for them to get rid of the nasty rip in his arm, including the rest of the people who helped healed him.

“I did. Normal doctors don't deal with a Tenebros scratch since they are created by the use of dark magic”

The prince slightly leans back on the sofa to relieve his full stomach of pressure, his right leg crosses above his left as his posture still carried his elegance. His eyes fall on the other male's open chest, his shirt curving down as he leans more to catch the dripping sauce from his final piece of pancake. The bounce of his Adam's apple as he swallows the piece, and the small shift of his chest. It got San to poke his tongue in his inner cheek, his dark gaze removes itself and turns to the covered windows before the other notices.

The two was once again surrounded by silence, a comfortable silence to be precise. Both didn't mind as they let some of the food in them digest after the filling breakfast. It was when something crossed Wooyoung's mind that he spoke up.

“Your Highness” He calls softly. San brings his eyes back to the male to let him continue. Glancing a little at the other's plush lips as he gnaws on them before talking once more.

“Thank you”