Chapter 1

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest announced instigating the guests to witness a heartwarming moment.

She grimaced, glancing upon her husband. He, on his part, felt an outpouring hurt on observing her expression. As he connected his lips to her forehead, she loathed his presence over her chakra.

The audience overwhelmed at his care, applauding like no tomorrow, provided an encomium of the couple. The joys were overflowing in the hall and so was the grief that instilled the couple.

"Congratulations to Haru and Jungkook!!"

Taehyung, as a bubbly character he is, loudly applauded. His eyes were glistening in awe and admiration at the exteriorly beautiful couple.

Everyone was in bliss, a sense of carpe diem lingering on their faces, absorbing the ambience. Except for the man who sat at the back, a glass of wine in hand, legs crossed looking at the couple. Park Jimin. His star-silver hair rained the outlines of his oval face like the grey sky over beautiful scenery. Just on the verge of rain.

His beautiful coffee-brown eyes met with her rapture-blue ones and instantly softened, but as soon as his gaze averted to the man in the tuxedo and the ring in his finger, they snapped with sharp feelings. His grip on the glass became firm.

He sprang up from his seat, placing the glass on one of the waiter's trays and dallied to the exit, without meeting the couple.

Apart from Jimin, there was one more person whose absence was knocking in the bliss. Kim Namjoon.

"Why did Namjoon Hyung didn't come?" Tae pouted, unknowingly making Jungkook stiff.

"He said he was busy," Jin said with a ruminative expression.

"What's so important than our maknae's wedding?" J Hope questioned with a subtle sternness.

•••

As they reached his home in a shared car. She skedaddled towards the entrance without any exchange of words with her newlywed making him feel a tremendous amount of pain.

He opened the gate for her as they stood at the entrance for some time to take off their shoes. He saw her struggling with the aforementioned with her huge gown blocking her sight.

"Let me help you," he proposed. But before he could even touch her, she placed a palm in the air blocking him from doing so. Placing one hand on the wall, she finally managed to take off the heels that were assaulting her feet. She rushed towards the guest room of the very well acquainted house and latched the door from inside.

He stood there at the entrance, his heart crying out the salt through the tears that brimmed his big and beautiful eyes. He placed his palm over the wall that she just touched, somewhat jealous, as the tears brimming run past the obstruction, leading him into a silent sob.

"I married the love of my life. But, I can never make her mine."

He turned around, his back pressing to the wall as he slid down of it. His hands resting over his knees, head hung low as tears found no place but to stain his cheeks.

•••

She squirmed on the satin sheets, her eyes squeezing with a huge intensity. Huge droplets of sweat on her forehead.

"No," she sleep talked.

Her head moved from left to right, "Jungkook!" She got up from her not so peaceful sleep as she sat on the empty bed. Looking around, there was no one by her side.

She was so lonely, so broken, but her tears had dried. She had no intention to even live, but somehow she survived. She always does.

She measured her way to the kitchen cause there was no water available in the room. As she entered the open kitchen, he saw Jungkook on the couch.

As his eyes lay on her figure, his heart filled with warmth, love, affection... Grief, his own vacillating present passed into a sad symphony.

He moved towards her, dwindling through his way. She took alternate steps backwards.

"Haru... Haru, I love you," he blurted out. Her heart thumped in her chest, not flustered. Afraid.

"J- Jungkook," she stuttered.

"Yes darling, I love you." He said as he took outrageous steps towards her.

"Y-you are drunk," she gulped.

"And I still love you."

Her breathing hitched as the proximity increased at an alarming pace. She turned around but before she could run, he held her wrist pulling her into his warm embrace.

He held her firmly as if she were an esteemed treasure. She was calm, comprehending what just happened.

After she realised the arms that encircled her, she panicked. Pushing him with as much strength she could accumulate. He fell on the wooden floor due to the sudden force and saw her running back towards the guest room.

She locked herself and straightaway plunged herself into the bathroom. Turning on the shower, she stood beneath the hot water that burnt her skin. It was painful, but it made her feel relieved.

After what felt an hour, after her fingertips were all contracted, after her body washed away all the skin cells that came in contact with him, she turned off the tap and changed into a fresh pair of clothes.

She sat on the bed, expressionless, motionless.

He lied there on the wooden floor, his eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. Tears streamed down his eyes without any impediment.

"I love you Haru," he whispered to the air till he passed out.

She drew out her phone, messaging a particular person. Jimin.

Haru:
Jimin

Jimin:
What happened?

Haru:
I don't think I am
strong enough to
do this.

Jimin:
You are stronger
than anyone in this
entire universe.

You are a survivor,
a saviour.

Haru:
I just wanna be sad.

I wanna be sad like
I used to before.

I want to cry and end
it and live my fate.

But my grief exceeded
the number of tears
my abused body can
produce.

I don't think I will
live ever again.

Jimin:
You will. You will live
again in full bloom.

Just Nine Months Haru.
Nine months.

And you will have your
reason to live.

•••

A/N: Greetings! This is my new book, hope you like it.

Reviews are most welcome, they help me and motivate me to write better. (╥﹏╥)