Chapter 9

"Haru, are you doing okay?" Yoona asked as the newcomer entered and the latter simply nodded.

Mia sat in the corner dreamily as she said, "It would be such a scene watching him so caring and man-"

"Do you ever think before you speak? Haru is going through so much and here you are idolizing Jungkook? Really?" Yoona snapped making Mia pout sadly. This forced Haru to enter the situation.

"It's okay and what's Mia's fault in this?" She countered.

"If you say so," the eldest passed in a suppressed tone and took her leave.

"I am sorry if that was offending, it was really unintended," Mia apologized.

"I know, it's okay," she smiled warmly.

•••

"Jungkook, is Haru okay?" Hoseok inquired with concern.

"She is trying," he replied.

"You did the right thing! If it was me, I would have killed him if he dared to lay a finger on Ari!" Suga snapped, contrary to his 'i don't give a fuck' attitude.

"It must be a great feeling playing the hero, huh?" Namjoon mocked unconcerned of the audience and left towards the studio.

His mockery was only understood by Jungkook as he followed him.

"Hyung, listen to me please," he begged.

"Can you please leave Jungkook?" The older responded in a cold tone entering the studio while the younger followed him closing the door behind him.

"Hyung please listen to me once."

"I don't want to," he said not sparing him a glance. Irritated by the constant ignorance of his desperate pleas, he turned him around forcibly by his arm making Namjoon face him.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?" Namjoon challenged in an intimidating tone. He took a step forward to which the junior stumbled back. His eyes only reflected indignation and belligerency. His jaw clenched making his jawline oddly prominent, he looked more terrifying than ever.

"H-Hyung, please hear me out..." He pleaded. Namjoon gripped the collar of his shirt, "I said I don't want to have any conversation or keep any relation with a rapist!"

"I was not in my senses!" Jungkook tried to reason out but that only made the leader's grip firmer.

"And how does it matter?"

"Why does it not?"

"Because that'll not make her pain any less," his eyes were bloodshot; anger and bitterness forming tears that he could not contain.

"Does your being sorry or your not being in senses make any difference to her condition? Maybe the law doesn't take it as a crime but does it provide any relief to the aggrieved? Can you measure the pain she would be going through being raped by the only person she thought will be by her? How are you different from Taejoon?" He snapped.

"T-Taejoon was a bloody gangster, a r-rapist, I- I..." Tears trickled down his cheeks with lightning speed owing to the weight they carried. The weight of his own existence.

"And what are you? What Taejoon did to my sister, is the same as what you did to Haru! It's just that Haru is stronger than Ji Hyun," he broke down at the memories of his sister.

"I-I am not like Taejoon. I am not. H-Hyung I... I really love her. I am not..."

Namjoon let go of his grip and took a few steps back. Seeming that his grip was the only thing that was holding him, the younger crumpled down on the floor.

"Leave Jungkook," the elder said trying to pacify his anger.

"I am not like Taejoon," tears stained his cheeks as his breathing became harder. "No, I cannot." The world felt spinning around him, his palms adhered to the floor.

"No, I am not! It... It cannot be. I..."

"Hey, I said get lost!" He said having an exasperated feeling of annoyance.

His words weren't audible to him, his own heart ringing in his ears, "No... I cannot do it. I love her."

"Jungkook! I said get out!" The elder yelled again, this time irritated going to him and got him by his shoulders only to witness his devastated state.

His lips bore a bluish tint and his face was already an alarming shade of white.

"I cannot! I loved her, I love her, I cannot," he breathed. The elder placed him on his back in a swift movement and paced out of the room to gain the attention of others.

"Call the ambulance!" He demanded.

"Yeah I will," Jin assured.

"What happened to Kook?" Taehyung panicked.

"I did not. Tell me. No! I cannot. I am not like Taejoon," he mumbled, his eyes half-closed only to show the white part. His face was obscured by errant strands of hair on his sweaty face.

•••

Yoona's phone rang in mid-shoot, her face lit up a thousand smiles as she took the call.

The expressions were quick to change, however. Her face was washed away of any colour when she ended the call.

"What's it unnie? Why do you look so pallid?" Mia asked with a concerned tone while Haru too was approaching them.

"Jungkook," she breathed.

As the name ringed in her ears, her pace increased involuntarily towards the elder.

"What happened to Kook?" Mia questioned.

"He is in the hospital!"

"What?" Came unanimous responses from Haru and Mia.

Haru's breathing hitched and her heart thudded roughly in her chest. She was anxious and confounded. She knew she should be hating him but the mere thought of him hurting sent shivers down her spine.

"What happened to him?" Mia continued.

"I don't know, Chim says he got a panic attack and then he fainted."

"Which hospital?" Haru asked impatiently.

"City Hospital- wait, I am coming along," she said as she watched the blue-eyed moving hurriedly.

"Mia, tell the director that we are leaving."

Mia nodded mildly, "At atleast take the bodyguards with you!"

The eldest nodded as they paced towards their car. Haru took nervous intakes of air as she sat in the passenger seat beside Yoona.

Yoona placed a hand over hers and slightly nodded in reassurance. But, the thought that was almost assaulting her was-

She shouldn't be dying at the thought of her rapist hurting! But, if anything happens to Jungkook she will be so thoroughly broken that there might not be any real joys again.

He was still the source of life that penetrated her obscured soul.

But, the fact that his existence aches, him hurting aches, for a moment everything aches, all of a sudden a little voice from the back of her head said,

"Hey, you have to do something other than hurt all the time!"

And she said subconsciously while looking at the buildings that passed by her through the window, "I know. I know. I am trying."