Chapter 38

Haru and Jungkook both were screaming in pain, being seated in the back seat of the car. Jimin was driving and Yoona was sitting beside him.

"Why the fuck are you yelling Kook?" Yoona grunted, glancing back only to witness Jungkook's ebony-black hair in Haru's tight grip. Her head was in his lap and one of her hands was holding his tightly.

Sweat was residing on her entire body and the tenderness her organs felt was enormous, and so was the pain in her abdomen. She was screaming, crying, and sweating but the pain was straining her muscles rendering her gasp for each breath she took.

"Oh okay, continue," Yoona passed in plight. "Drive fast Chim!"

"I am going as fast as I can-"

"Ahhh!!" Haru cried making Jimin step on the gas. Fear laced the faces of the three friends.

"Calm down baby, we are almost there. Almost. A little more," Jungkook said, his face contorting in vexation.

"Please baby, a little more-" he was interrupted when Haru abruptly slapped him, grunting, "Shut up idiot! Ahh!! How can I fucking calm down!"

He was thunderstruck, not knowing how to react. Oh, how he wished at that time that men could be pregnant so that she wouldn't be going through the pain.

Jimin pulled over and they were finally at the hospital. A few attendants came with the stretcher and Jungkook helped her get onto one.

The air was tight, a menacing aura lingering in the atmosphere, holding them rigid in the hands of apprehension. Jungkook sank down in one of the hospital chairs, his elbows on his thighs. His leg was constantly shaking as a display of his nervousness.

Haru's painful screams were audible even out of the ward. Hearing them, Jungkook's plight just heightened. His hands were now in his black locks, his digits intertwining with them.

"Kook, everything will be fine. Calm down," Yoona consoled, sitting beside him.

"Noona... She is hurting a lot... What should I do?" He looked up to her, his forehead creased. He was biting his lips and his doe eyes were filled with water.

"You can't do anything so stop crying like a baby." She chided.

There was the sound of loud footsteps heard distinctly in the hospital corridors at night. Their attention diverted for a second to that sound when suddenly Namjoon's buff and maintained figure came to light. Jimin called for him.

His virility-brown dyed hair was dishevelled and his eyes were searching for his Maknae. As soon as they found his figure, Namjoon rushed towards him, sitting down on the floor. His hands were on Jungkook's knees and he was looking up at him with raised brows.

"H-Hyung..." Jungkook blurted out.

"Everything's gonna be fine. Perfectly fine, okay?" The elder responded. No pretence, his genuinity was portrayed in his eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe his ears or eyes or whatever in this world signified the moment. The elder he respected the most, whom he thought hated him, was sitting below him, boosting his courage.

Tears of gratefulness but also fright fell down his face as he sniffled.

Jimin in the scene was silent. He was leaning to the wall and his eyes were set on the doors of the operation theatre. He was so struck at the moment, that he didn't know what to experience. Contentment or fright. He's gonna be an uncle but the thought of Haru crying made him quiver in his boots.

He imagined if Yoona was in a similar condition. Obviously, he wanted a baby. He wanted to be a dad... But at what condition? He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked back at Yoona.