Chapter 30

They were sitting in the waiting area of the hospital. Patiently waiting for their turn to come up. It wasn't weird watching two celebrities in the waiting area because there was absolutely no one in the room except them.

He felt awkward sitting so close beside her. He didn't want his overwhelming excitement to intimidate her, so, he tried to concentrate on his phone screen, scrolling through some news. Though he could not.

A sudden weight on his shoulder took him by stupor. His resolve crumbled in a second as he saw Haru's head lying between the crook of his neck while she was in her placid sleep.

The fortuitous touch rendered him maudlin and he felt a myriad of emotions running through his veins.

Her hand lay in his lap casually but it wasn't as casual for him. His smile was widening and he felt oddly proud that he was supporting her, what a husband should do. Even when she was sheepishly asleep on his shoulder, she looked effortlessly gracious and winsome.

He could not help touching her palm lightly by her fingers and her skin felt like rose petals against her skin. So velvety and soft. He traced her palm lines and her fingertips absentmindedly.

"What are you doing?" She asked all of a sudden and his heartbeat accelerated. Her head was still on his shoulder.

Is she sleep talking? I hope she is. I hope. He tilted his head slightly to witness her wide-open eyes.

She lifted off the weight from his shoulder and he felt as if a weight was added to his chest instead. Her hand was still lying on his lap. His finger brushed against it as if addicted and could not just repeal itself.

She raised her brows in inquisition pulling him out of the daze.

"I... I was reading your palm," he began to prevaricate.

"Can you really?" She asked and he just nodded, not looking at her. His fingers still tracing her palm lines and eyes fixed at their movement.

"What's in mine?" She was suddenly curious and anyone can swear to God how thousands of fireflies lit up his eyes and a smile as fresh as mountain spring flashed on his lips as he finally looked up to meet her eyes.

"Us." He responded making her heartbeat an extra few times.

"Mrs Lee, you can come in," the receptionist announced. Haru quickly stood up, successfully hiding her burning red ears behind her brown hair.

•••

They sat back in their car to return back. The scene of Jungkook so lovingly tracing her palm reiterated through her brain. She looked at her palm and she could still feel the tingling sensation upon it.

But it is the same hand that... I held onto when I was so scared on a roller coaster ride? That pinched my cheeks cause he found me so endearing eating the fifth packet of potato chips? That locked my earing when it was on the verge of falling down? That wiped off the whipped cream from my lips?

Suddenly, she had no plaintive memory to disrupt their solace. She was feeling an overwhelming ebullience over the fact that she was now remembering the good times before the bad ones.

She immediately turned slightly towards him who was now buckling his seat belt.

"Jungkook," she said with a smile that emanated pure delight.

He looked at her instantly, "Hm?" His face itself replicated her expression, mirth lines adding to his ethereal beauty.

"Show me your hands," she asked.

"Huh? My hands?" He acquiesced, letting out his hands towards her in bewilderment.

She glanced down on the set of palms in front of her and her smile only stretched more.

The same palms in which he cupped my cheeks when I was crying after I scored less on a test. The same fingers that taught me how to play the guitar. The same hands I held while we danced on our prom night.

"Turn," she beseeched. He was so perplexed at what she wanted, so he turned his head in another direction.

She looked up at him looking away and chuckled at his perks. He heard her laughter ringing in the car like perfume dispersing in the air, he thought that he interpreted right.

"Turn your hands!" She said.

"Oh," he understood and turned his hands with alacrity.

None. No harsh memories, just fond recollections that swept through her brain looking at his tattooed hands.

"Yes!" She chimed in victory, her eyes glistening in complacency.

She turned back, facing the front and he too repealed his hands back, still befuddled.

•••

"No no no, don't move," Jungkook warned as he plunged into her room while she was about to get off the bed.

"What?" She asked, bemused.

"Doctor said that you should step down the least you could."

"Don't overreact. I need to go."

"No, you can't. What do you want I will bring it for you," he insisted.

"I wanna use the washroom!"

"I can- oh. Then you can," he said with an embarrassed smile, scratching his head lightly. She glared at him once before getting into the washroom.

•••

They were sitting at the dining table, having lunch together. She couldn't really focus on eating, her hands reaching her shoulder after every few minutes to press onto them. Her entire body was feeling swollen and numb, even her balance on her feet was faltering.

"Any issues?" He asked, placing a spoonful of his food in his mouth.

"I am just having this backache-"

"Hm... I read about it. I bought an ointment earlier. Some for the itchiness you may be feeling and some to relieve back pain. As far as the others are concerned, relax. Since the baby's weight is increasing, spending prolonged stretches of time on your feet is more uncomfortable, so put your feet up throughout the day whenever you can. That was what I was saying earlier." He spoke pragmatically.

"How do you know?" She furrowed her brows.

"I read it. About the pain-"

"There will be no pain!" A voice came from behind as they both looked towards the entrance, watching Yoona entering with great enthusiasm.

She rushed towards them and got Haru by her hands making her stand. She held both of her hands and was practically jumping in joy.

"Noona, let her rest. Don't make her stand," Jungkook protested.

"Why are you so happy unnie? Did Chim propose to you?" Haru smiled.

The elder movements calmed down a bit, "You won't believe Haru, we got nominated!"

•••

(A/N: Progess.)