Chapter 6

She lied on her bed as the doctor examined her. He was nervous, the nail of his index finger assaulting the cuticle of his thumb. He didn't even realise when he was bleeding from his cuticle, his eyes fixated on her frail figure.

The doctor came out and he instantly gained composure.

"The breathing and pulse seem normal. I have given her medicines to sleep and hence she is unconscious. The next 48 hours are crucial for both, the mother and the fetus. Let's see what happens. Please take care," he advised and took his leave.

Jungkook's eyes laid on her sleeping self which he couldn't bear to see for more than a few minutes, instantly breaking the line of sight. He violently punched the wall causing his knuckles to bleed knowing he was the reason.

His pain was discreetly visible as if someone was trapped in a burning house. He had no other person to turn to except for his best friend, his mentor, his Hyung, Jimin.

He nervously dialled for him but he didn't pick up. He redialled and finally, he spoke.

[I think I made it
pretty clear, you,
are a no one to
me now. Don't call me]

He broke down at his elder's tone, crumbling on the beautiful wooden floor, he cried and though, the person on the line maintained the cold tone, his heart broke into a million pieces listening to him.

[H-Hyung...
Just... Tell me one
thing.]

[Just say and end
the call. I am so
done hearing you!]

[Wi- will she be
happy if... if I die?]

[WHAT?
Jungkook are you...
No no no. Wait. Where
are you?]

[If she'll be happy,
if you'll be happy, if
the world's happy after
my death, then I deserve
death.]

[Can you just tell
me!!
Where. Are. You?]

[I'm in her room where
she is sleeping after
escaping death just
by inches. What should
I do Hyung? How... How
can I-]

[I'm coming there. I'm
almost there. Just stay
there. And if you move,
I swear to God before
you could, I'll kill you.]

Call ended.

Jimin came in no time, rushing towards her room. He saw Haru lying on the bed, IV fluids running through her veins but more pathetically, Jungkook sitting on the ground, his back pressed against the wall. His tear-stained face was emotionless. On looking at his younger in such a devastating form, all his resolve crumbled into ashes.

He kneeled beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder. It was when Jungkook realised his presence. As soon as his eyes met with his elder's, they refilled with tears. He instantly hugged him, he wanted someone elder, someone who could help him out of the chaos.

Even when Jimin utterly despised him, he cannot but embrace his trembling frame. He wiped off his own tears looking at both of his best friends in this state. He still remembers how happy couple they were.

FLASHBACK

"Chim!! Do you think Jungkook would like me?" She questioned as she licked her ice cream off the cone.

"Yes! For the hundredth time, he likes you. Just confess because I know he is so shy for the same and for God sake stop that," he hissed.

"Stop what?"

"Eating so clumsily! That's gross Haru!"

She smiled looking at him, "my wish, my cone, I bought it." While she was bickering the ice cream melted staining her hands.

"Yes yes, look at your hands now, disgusting dumbass," he chuckled. She frowned a little looking at her hand but soon wiped it off his shirt and ran ahead.

"Ahhh!! Haru!! I'll kill you today!" He screamed as he ran back towards her till she bumped into someone.

"Ahh," she rubbed her temple and bowed down in apology to the stranger, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," the familiar voice took her off guard. She looked up to Jungkook standing tall and buff in front of her. She instantly had butterflies in her stomach as she gulped, her cheeks turning bright red. She looked at Jimin who was now by her side who gestured her to confess.

"So, um... Kook, I wanted to ask something," she finally mustered up the courage, biting her lower lip.

He was awestruck by her entire being, just her dulcet voice reaching his ear made his heartbeat so loudly. "Y- yeah?"

"Would you... Um... I mean... Would you sell me your football, I really like it and I couldn't find it anywhere," she spoke in a hurry. Jimin slapped his forehead in frustration.

"Huh?" Jungkook was taken aback by her request, "My football?"

She nodded innocently.

"Yeah sure," he said as he placed his hand on his nape in embarrassment.

"Thanks," she said as she passed him, Jimin giving her a disappointed glare and he lip-synced a silent, 'What could I have done.'

END OF FLASHBACK

"Let's go out Jungkook, or we'll wake her up," Jimin said, supporting the younger's weak body to the living room. He poured a glass of water and passed it to him. He refused at first but on persistent persuasion, he agreed.

"What happened to her?" He questioned, softly.

"Shee attempted suicide." He passed emotionlessly.

"WHAT? She did what?" His tone changed back to fury and despise.

Jungkook wiped off a tear from his flushed red cheeks and his face flashed nothing but determination.

"It's me who should die. I will die and end this," he stood up but before could move, Jimin grabbed him by his wrist.

"What about your child? Would you leave all your responsibilities and leave shamelessly unscathed by the destruction you've caused in your wake? Was my Jungkook such a coward? Are you trying to prove that I was wrong when I persuaded Haru, my best friend to marry you? Was I wrong in believing in you yet again?" He asked subtly avoiding himself from tearing up.

Jungkook took a deep shuddering breath as he looked at Jimin. "Y-you believed in me?"

Jimin nodded, "I still do. I still believe you can make things better. It's only you who has the ability."

"Y-you believe in me?" He asked yet again, wanting to hear it. He thought he lost his trust forever.

"I do."

His affirmation provided him with such a sense of relief which he hadn't experienced ever. He tightly hugged him, "Thank you, Hyung for believing in me. Rest assured, I'll win her back." He said.

Jimin faintly smiled, patting his back, "I know you will. I know."

•••

A/N: One of my friend just asked me yesterday, why do I write stories when I have so much work left to do and I answered nonchalantly, "Because I like being in my world."

Then she gave me the wisest advice, she said, "There's a world in your head, I know. But, there's also a world outside, and I know you enjoy diving in your own but don't stay too long that you drown. Come out every now and then for a breath of air."

Istg, I am just following her to write a book with me. Lol. 😂