Chapter 20

She woke up with a nerve wrecking headache. Even little sounds like ticking of the clock and the curtains moving in the light breeze triggered her. She collected herself to get up only to allow the movement create a sting at the back of her head. Her body felt drained and numb and any attempt to recollect memories only triggered it even more.

As she stood up, the world was spinning around her making her sit back on the bed. There was knock on the door, to which she couldn't respond. One more knock and then one more and then the door finally opened.

Jungkook's eyes darted at her figure, her hands on either side gripping the bed sheet and her eyes shut. Intercepting light only added to her agony.

"I brought hangover soup," he said straight, going in and placing it over the table. She couldn't reason out how even a little sound was triggering her and his voice seemed like feather as if she craved his care. She was scared at the back of her head that her negligence would make him feel umbrage.

He was quick to turn back and leave till her voice ringed in his ears, "Jungkook," she mumbled and he turned back.

"Anything?" He asked, perplexed at the fact that she actually turned up to converse with him.

Does she remember? I hope not. He requested subconsciously.

She looked up to meet his eyes, her eyes were bloodshot and squinted, not wanting to take in light. Her look made him concerned, he felt spiderlike fingers racing down his spine.

"You think," she paused, running a hand through her hair pushing them back. "You think anything will happen to my baby because of me?" She questioned.

"We don't know. We need to get checked-"

"Then let's go," her voice was desperate and she finally opened her eyes fully.

"Eat first and freshen up. We can go after," he responded neatly.

She took in another cautious intake of air, "I'm sorry," she mumbled. Her words were completely unanticipated to him. His lips parted to say something but he didn't knew what.

He forced a smile, "it's okay. It can't be helped but please be careful. Not for me or for yourself, at least for our kid."

She nodded mildly, forcing herself on her trembling feet.

"It's okay. I'll bring it to you," he said but she shook her head.

"I need to brush."

He nodded in understanding and mutely watched her phlegmatic walk towards the restroom, helpless. He wanted to assist her. God! He just wanted to lift her up in his arms and carry her all around the world but nothing could be more abominable for her, and although it pained him, he knew it.

She came out in a few minutes, her chestnut brown hair hung loose over shoulders and her misty blue eyes were painfully trying to get used to the surroundings. Her eyes laid on Jungkook who was standing by the door, some bottle in his hand but she ignored it. It was the last thing she could care about right now.

"Your head must be aching," he remarked and she nodded. Her response brought unexpected joy to him because she shared her problem with him rather than just unheeding him.

"I've got this hair oil, it really helps allievating head ache," he said, stretching out the hand with the bottle towards her. She was too dazed to reason out why she shouldn't, so, she just moved her hand to take it before he pulled back.

"May I?" He dared to ask. And there was painful silence for the next few minutes. He knew he exceeded limits and was about to apologise for the same but she nodded instead, making butterflies flutter in his stomach.

She walked, her head in hands and sat on the floor, by the bed. He quickly sat on the bed above her. Taking a reasonable amount of oil in his hand and then massaging her scalp lovingly. He was smiling unreasonably while she had her eyes closed, loving the movement of his fingers that gave her such relief.

"Did I do something unreasonable?" She asked, innocently. His cheeks flushed remembering the kiss they shared. Unreasonable? Not at all. The kiss was the reason of his life.

"No," he simply responded.

"You were drinking alone? Where did you got the wine from?" He asked lowly.

"I don't really remember, I as much remember that I was with Mia last in the living room. Rest all is hazy," she responded, her eyes still closed.

•••

He fiddled his fingers through his phone in an agitated mood. Anger was flashing in his veins like he would kill the second person he meets. He finally placed a call.

[Mia?]

[Oh I thought you forgot
what day it-]

[How could you?]

[Huh?]

[How could you let
Haru drink? You know
she is pregnant and you
left her after that just
on her own? Really? That's
highly irresponsible-]

[Shut up Kook. I never
made her drink. I was
the one who was stopping
her. And succeeded in stopping
her!]

[Why did you bring the
wine even?]

[Kook! What has happened
to you? Yoona unnie and
Chim started dating. Wasn't
it our little ritual to exchange
wines when something
good happens?]

It clicked him almost instantly what she was talking about, making him feel guilty.

[Still you could have
stopped her-]

[Yes I did. Then suddenly
my dad's call came. Do you
even remember what day it
is?]

[14th May... Oh shit. I am
sorry Mia. I completely
forgot it's your mom's death
anniversary. Sorry. Where
are you? I am comin-]

[No need. You can just
sit there and accuse me.]

Pain was lacing her speech. It was an obvious reaction. Her bestfriend since forever forgot the day that aches her the most. The only time, she expects him to be there.

[Mia I'm sorry-]

[It's okay. Bye. I am
busy]

[Mi-]

Call ended.

He sighed heavily looking at the phone screen.

"You should go to her," a voice said from behind. He turned back to Haru and gave a defeated sigh. Slowly he was losing grasp over all his relations as sand running from between his fingers.

"I... I need to go to the hospital with you-"

"I will go with Yoona Unnie. You need to be present with her," she emphasized making him ponder over it.

"Go!" She insisted and he nodded hesitantly.

You can't be losing your relations trying to win back the one that is long lost. She thought once looking at him rushing towards the car.

•••

(A/N: Sorry for the delay, I was a bit occupied with my exams ಥ‿ಥ)