Chapter 36

"Tell me why am I doing this?" Jimin hissed, his hand stretched up, taping the streamers to the absolute end of the wall, standing on a table for elevation.

Haru sat on the couch, comfortably proctoring his work. She took another grape from the plate seated on the table and grinned, "Because I say so."

Yoona panted, tying the only-third balloon she blew into, "And why are you doing nothing?"

"Who says I am doing nothing? I am looking over you both. Managing and coordinat-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Jimin grunted, placing his right hand on his left shoulder indicating his exhaust.

"Hey, Uncle Chim! Don't curse in front of my baby! Such a bad influence for real," she shook her head, eating another bite of the fruits in front of her.

The couple were obviously elated at the fact that Haru was getting back to what she usually was. Frisky and vivacious. But they also were tired.

"I cannot do this anymore, I am out of breath," Yoona passed, laying down on the floor, her arms spread wide.

"You guys have no stamina. I fear Unnie you'll ever become like me!"

"Become like you? What do you mean?" She asked, demented.

Haru deliberately caressed her baby bump showing her what she meant till she felt something hitting the back of her head.

She looked back at the cardboard piece Jimin threw at her. "What in this world gave you the courage to do so?" She growled.

"Your idiotic words. Shut your dirty mouth the heck up!" He responded to which she smirked, "Why? You flustered?"

Anyone could see the red creeping up his face and that suddenly made Yoona energetic, she cooed.

"Now that you are okay. Three more balloons please."

"Why not hang you up the wall? You look like a balloon!" Yoona laughed and Jimin somehow managed not to fall down from the table laughing.

"That was a good one!" He responded.

"I am-" she was interrupted by the beep of the oven and she regarded that as more important than the futile altercation they were having.

She sprang up from the couch and strode towards the kitchen, opening the oven. The aroma of chocolate spread all over the house. She placed on her gloves to take out the freshly baked cake with a smile.

"Haru? Where do I put this happy Birthday banner?" Jimin asked from the living room.

"In the middle of the wall!" She yelled back, smiling at the cake.

•••

"Ahh, where the fuck is he?" Yoona hissed, the three of them sitting on the couch waiting for Jungkook to make his presence.

"I don't know, he was in the practice room when I left," Jimin added, "It's already 11:40, the day's about to end."

Haru's heart was beating nervously, apprehensive and sad. How she wished she would have wished him at midnight instead of planning on surprising him. Maybe she won't be even able to wish him today.

She got up from the seat, her head hung low. The couple were dejected at her form, she was so very excited about this.

"Wait Haru, I'll call that idiot!" Yoona said.

"No Unnie it's okay. I am really tired, I am just in my room. Thank you for helping me out today," she said dully and proceeded towards the guest room that was unused for a few days.