Chapter 14

Disclaimer: I do not own the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Nor do I own the Heroes of Olympus series. Technically, I don't even own the Chaos Army idea, but let's keep that one in the dark. It's not like you could ever figure it out otherwise. ...

Arlamdom: After the Battle 28 years ago

Chris gasped as she saw Alex strung over the shoulder of another soldier.

"What happened!?" She demanded, completely forgetting about the wounded she was supposed to be tending to.

The soldier laughed humorlessly. "He got struck down pretty bad. I did the best I could to patch him up in the field.

She looked at him, confused. Soldiers weren't supposed to tend to the wounded when battles were being fought. "Why would you...?

The soldier sighed. "Do I really look that different. It's me, Chris. Bunny-boy?"

That sent Chris into another round of shock.

I'm going to need a long, hot bath when I get back.

"Percy?" She asked.

Perseus grimaced. "Full name, please. I can't stand that nickname for another second."

Chris sighed as she realized both of her friends were going to be okay.

"Let's get Alex to a medic."

Perseus nodded, glancing back.

"But after I know he's fine, you have some explaining to do."

Perseus smiled. "I guess I do. I should also contact Noah so he knows who to look for when we get back."

"That recruit you're dating, you mean." Chris taunted jokingly, knowing Percy hated it when she brought up what Alex first thought of Percy's friendship with the emotion reader.

"Will you shut up?"

Although, Percy would normally laugh along and hit her lightly.

Chris didn't realize how much Percy truly had changed.

Perseus sighed, turning back to look behind him.

Man, do I have an interesting report for Chaos.

Orders Base, Russia. Present Time.

"Annabeth. Lilianna. This way." Perseus whispered.

Cautiously, he opened another door, this one at the end of a long hallway.

Perseus had assumed it was the entrance to another portion of the building.

He wasn't expecting a large, empty throne.

He heaved a sigh of relief. Order wasn't in the throne room. Why was there always a throne room? Were these beings really that egotistical?

"P- Ryan?" Annabeth asked, cautiously observing the area. "What are we doing here?"

Perseus sent an almost evil smirk at the blonde girl. "You don't really think we were as unprepared in planning as to just full-out attack, did ya'? Lilianna, the bag."

Lilianna walked up to him, slinging a bag off of her shoulder.

"It's all there. Including the detonators."

Annabeth blanched. "Wait, are those explosives?!"

Perseus--again--had that evil smirk on his face, eyes glinting in anticipation.