Chapter 17

Disclaimer: I'm an antisocial nerd-girl who does not own the rights to the Percy Jackson franchise.

Alex's PoV (1st)

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Nico was staring at me.

It was unnerving because I kept feeling a pair of eyes on me, a skill well learned after so long in this army, and it was obviously him.

I just couldn't fathom why.

"He isn't back yet."

Annabeth's words pulled me out of my thoughts, and I was glad for the distraction.

"You're right." I agreed. "We should probably find him. He isn't the best after battles like these."

The blonde girl spun around, anger engulfing her eyes. "And yet you let him go."

The words stung me more than she probably meant them to, but I held strong. "He isn't the best. Meaning he also is completely unreasonable and there's nothing we can do to stop him anyway. Believe me, I would know."

The black-haired girl--Thalia, if I recall correctly--snorted. "Sure, 'cause you've known him for so long."

Chris laughed at that, challenging the girl in some manner. "Do you forget that we have? Thirty years, Alex and I have known Percy. Noah for twenty-nine. The guy may not open up much, but that isn't necessarily his fault, now is it?"

A cold silence descended on the room as the demigods looked down at the floor, guilty.

"It was a trance," Annabeth whispered, all anger gone. "If we had been in our right minds, we wouldn't have..."

Chris sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'm sure Percy doesn't blame you either, he's too... pure to do that. It's just all this tension getting to me."

I smiled at Chris, a warmth in my heart appearing as I knew that was her way of apologizing.

Warmth? I asked myself. Snap out of it, Chris and I are just friends.

Yes, Alex, I'm aware of that, now shut up and kiss her, said a voice, making me jump as I realized who it was from.

"Percy?" I asked aloud, earning some concerned looks.

Heh, whoops. I thought to myself before reaching out to Percy telepathically.

Percy? That was a private thought, so you must be asleep, huh?

The marble greeted me.

"The marble greeted you? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, slipping again.

Chris and Travis finally seemed to understand.

"Crap," Travis sighed, "now we really have to find him."

"What do you mean?" Annabeth asked at the same time that Nico asked, "What's going on?"

Percy? Where are you?

I made it to the old man.

As in Chaos?

Chaos... need to warn... Order.

I sighed, knowing it was futile by this point. "Percy has this habit of talking to us telepathically when he's asleep through unnatural causes.

It made me happy, secretly, that Percy's subconscious trusted us enough to plea to us when he was knocked out.

"He made it to Chaos, we should go there," I announced, marching through the door, relishing in the shuffle behind me of multiple feet following.