Chapter 3

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the content other than the plotline...

Perseus's POV (1st):

I lay in my bed thinking. Earlier that day, Chaos had given me news of a mission, a battle, a war. Taking place on the planet most of the people from Section 1 were from. Where I was from.

Earth.

I didn't want to go back. The best part of this mission was that it wouldn't be permanent. The worst part, we had to go in the first place.

I had pulled Travis aside at the cafeteria to tell him. He didn't seem nearly as anxious as I was. He said that he wasn't necessarily looking forward to it, but if he had no choice, it would at least be nice to see the place again.

When Chaos had told me this, Chris's voice has rung through my head, "You're basically his son..." she had said.

She couldn't be more wrong. I thought. A father wouldn't make his son do this.

Of course, that wasn't all. Within the 30 days that I had been gone, a war had started brewing. But it had nothing to do with the gods, as far as I could tell. Apparently, an old enemy of Chaos-Order, it was (ironic, huh)-was threatening Earth. And we had to go to the best warriors there. Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter.

How would they react when they saw me? Would they still act as if I was a dead cow? Would they be angry at me for leaving? What about Annabeth?

Annabeth... I hadn't thought about her in while. I tried his best not to think about my past these days. The first war that I had been in as a soldier for Chaos...

That struck up another thought, an obvious one. Would they even recognize me? I played with my hair in front of my face. It was not black anymore. It was a light brown color. I knew that my eyes were no longer green as well, there were a dark blue.

They would still recognize Travis, he hadn't changed in his appearance. And of course they would have no clue who blonde haired Alex and black haired Chris were, they had never met them.

I sighed, thinking about how I had changed. When you were in the Army of Chaos, you were immortal, or wouldn't age, you could still be killed. Much like the Hunters of Artemis. You could choose to leave the army after a five-year service, and retire to the Void's main purpose other than housing the soldiers. The Void was like a planet, really. There were many families, some who started somewhere other than the Void, some originated from here. If you were born here, you didn't have to join the Army, but you usually did.

Immortality. I had turned that down once. It wouldn't have helped anyone else. Now I'm helping others by being immortal, but not as my old self.

I sighed for the second time. It was getting late. I reached over and clicked off the light.

My dreams weren't pleasant.

----

"I can't believe this!" Annabeth was saying. "I don't even know what we're fighting about anymore!"

I looked at her pleadingly. "Then let's stop."

"Stop what? YOu acting like an idiot all the time?"

"Oh, yeah. That helps the cause, Wise Girl. Insult my intelligence all you want. I don't give a-"

"Don't you finish that sentence, Perseus Jackson!"

I had never seen her like this, with an exception of monsters and Hera, that is. She looked so angry. I was growing weary of all the fighting we've been doing lately, so I ended up tuning her out. Until she said, "...We aren't working anymore, huh?"

That snapped me back into reality. "What?"

"We're always fighting... You always tune me out... We're not working."

I stared at her. Was she implying what I thought she was? "Please don't say that, Annabeth."

"But it's true... Maybe it would be best if we-"

"Stop!" I was completely shocked. This was Annabeth. This was the person I loved the most, other than my mom, but that's different.

"Please stop. Just, don't say that. Don't say it... stop... just stop..."

"Percy, you awake, man? C'mon, we'll be late for breakfast. It's waffles day!"

----
I woke up feeling like I could cry. Alex was pounding at the door. His room was right next to mine. Apparently, he lost the key to mine. Again.

"One second!" I called out. I raced to get into my clothes and gear.

There's a meeting today, I reminded myself.

I quickly got ready and met Alex out in the hallway. Noah was there too.

"I picked up something from all the way out here. I've always been able to read you better than most people, but I wasn't even in the same room as you!" Noah told me as we walked down the hall. He looked worried, but also a bit excited. He was always happy when he got better at reading people. I sighed, classic Noah, right there.

"Just a nightmare," I said. He glanced at me, as if to say, Suuure, whatever you say, man...

"You smell that? Waffles!" Alex's voice was different than his normal one, a bit more childish.

"Yup. And you sound like a kid." Percy said, laughing a bit. He loved it when Alex got too excited. He slipped into a voice that made him sound so childish. There was a reason for that.

"Hey!" Alex said in the voice that he usually used. "Fine," he sighed. "I guess you were just stating the obvious."

"It wasn't obvious to you," Noah said.

"Another obvious point." It was Chris this time, she was next to Alex. She must have walked up without me noticing.

I'll need to work on that.

"Perce!" Dammit.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled at Travis as he ran up to us.

"C'mon! You've got to see this! You'll love it!" He said.

"Every time you've said that I've ended up needing to run for my life, or fight for it. And I swear that if it's another baby dino-"

"That's not it!" C'mon!" Travis then gripped me by the arm and pulled me into the cafeteria. He kept running with me dragged behind him. When we reached the line, I saw what he was talking about.

Blue. The food was blue. I didn't know what to think of it. I haven't seen blue food in 30 years. I glanced at Travis. He had remembered my old obsession with this stuff. He was grinning.

Of course, not all the food was blue. Just the waffles and beverages. Many people looked confused. Some had just shrugged it off because they were hungry.

I looked back at the food and chuckled. Maybe a little bit of the past wasn't always bad.

A/N: Sorry for the long update! I actually have a whole bunch of chapters I can post and I just haven't...  0_o

 Of course, I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes or just general leaving the plotline and rambling like I am now.

 Also, my other PJO based story has been put on private by Wattpad and I don't know what that means. If you would mind checking it and commenting any difficulties on any other story or the message board, that'd be amazing and I'd be thankful.

 Another thing, while I have these chapters ready for a while, any additional comments about things I can do would be helpful. And if you have any ideas for stories, feel free to shove them down my throat.

 Bad choice of words, but you get the gist.

 Yours in demigodishness, and all that, and as always, until next time! *cheesy salute*