Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I only own the plot.

Perseus's POV (3rd):

Perseus sighed as his friends hurtled questions at him like wildfire. Travis sat on his bed, sending him a look like, Sorry, dude. You brought this upon yourself.

"Shut up!" He finally yelled at them all. The looked at him warily.

"Look, Perseus," I looked up at Noah, surprised. I'm pretty sure that was the first time he'd ever used that name for me. I felt shocked at how odd it felt to be called that by a friend like him. But, didn't I want to be called that?

"We're your friends, we want to know every little detail of what's bothering you. That's what friends do, they stand by and listen to what other friends complain about. So far, we've only heard you complain about your missions being way too easy. You've never told us anything about your past. We want to know. We want to know about Travis too, but your pasts are linked, so he never told anything."

Perseus sighed. "Well, you know that I'm a demigod now. Obviously, Travis is too."

"Demigod. New term. So.. who are you the son of?" Alex asked.

"Poseidon." Perseus was surprised at how easy he's said this. He hadn't spoken that word in 28 years. It felt... natural.

"Travis... you are...?" Chris asked, looking over at the boy.

"Travis... Stoll. Son of Hermes." he'd started out with a smile, then faltered after his first name. Perseus thought he knew why.

"One of two. He had a twin of a brother." Full disclosure, divert questions, even if he was making Travis suffer.

"You have a twin?" Alex asked warily. Perseus imagined Alex was thinking of all the trouble Travis could cause with another him.

"It wasn't very pretty at camp. You let your guard down... bam! Your cabin has tarantulas crawling in the bed sheets and your toothpaste is super glue." He said.

"Ah... good times," Travis said, wiping a fake tear out of his eye.

"Anyway, and no offense, Travis, but back to Percy."

Dammit. He thought.

"Why did you leave?" He looked over at Noah for help, who said, "Let's drop it, Alex. Most of us haven't said why we left. Abit hypocritical, no?"

Alex sighed, "Fine. We'll all find out everything about each other one day. Until then..."

Perseus sighed. Good, he thought.

-----

Chris's POV (1st):

Traitors. I thought as I left Percy's room with Alex. Noah and Travis had left a few minutes ago.

I couldn't believe they gave up so easy!

Alex interrupted my brooding thoughts. "Hey, wanna go to my room? I mean," he said quickly after I looked at him quizzically. "It's not past curfew- still can't believe we have curfew-and I have nothing to do for the rest of the night, so..."

He was rubbing the back of his neck. I could remember Percy doing that a lot when he had first arrived. Alex must have picked it up without knowing.

"I don't see why not. Plus, I'm pretty sure I left something there."

I could tell I was blushing faintly. Stop it, I thought. You don't want him to know you feel that way.

"And what would that be, Miss whatever-your-last-name-is?" He was smirking. Damn, that smirk was cute.

"A machete," I said, shrugging my shoulders, but shooting an intimidating glance at him. he paled a bit, then he, wait... Was he blushing?

"Then let's go. Wouldn't want to keep the machete waiting. Your weapons have been known to randomly blow up." He was trying to regain his sarcastic posture. He was failing.

And so, we turned around, since we had been wandering down the hall aimlessly, and went to his room. I retired my machete -- yes, I actually had left a machete in his room, don't judge me -- and we continued to play video games for the rest of the night. I few times, I think I may have caught him staring at me, but as long as I took that to my advantage and killed him in the game, it was fine by me.

At one point, we heard Percy shout from next door. "It's one AM! Just stop playing and kiss already!"

Alex and I blushed and looked at each other, then laughed. "He's half asleep," I concluded.

"No, I'm not!"

That made us laughed, even more, then I hurried stealthily home, it being way past curfew.

-----

About two months in the Void later. (Who knows how long that is on Earth, I'm confused just writing this.)

Noah's POV (1st):

I was reading. I knew that we were in the middle of configuring the timezone of the Void, but I didn't care, I was really into the book.

Then I felt a strong emotion. Anxiety.

I glanced up and saw Percy walking this way. Apparently, he had slept late, because he looked and felt like crap.

"How late?" I asked, looking through my black hair that always got in front of my eyes.

"Two hours ago." He replied.

Man, he is tired. I was getting tired just being near him.

"Almost done!" I heard someone yell. It was someone from my section, Section Two. Chris was the leader of Section Three.

"Great." I heard Percy mutter. He was scared. Scared of the future reactions to his return.

He looked at me. "Please stop reading me." He asked.

I shrugged, "It's not really something that I can control. And I've always read you best."

He looked at me blankly. His eyes were clouded. I could only get something faint from him now.

"Shit," I said and started shaking him by the shoulders. He was having a blackout. That's what he called them, at least.

After a few minutes, he came back to reality. "Did I...?"

"Yeah. nobody noticed, though. Well, I think I saw Alex look over at us and whisper to Chris, but that's not important. We can trust them. But they will ask us about it later."

"Ask about what?" A new voice said. Percy and I jumped.

Travis was right behind us. Damn, he could sneak up on even me without being sensed.

"Got it!" The same guy yelled.

"Nothing," Percy said quickly, seeing an escape. "We need to go."

Let me explain. When we go to a big war, we reconfigure the timezone of the Void, so that it matches with where we are going. We don't do this with smaller missions, like Percy's, so we wait a few months for him to come back every time he goes on one. But that's record time.

Percy, Chris and I ordered our sections into groups with the rest of the leader and went through, with Chaos leading. I'm pretty sure I saw him wink at Percy.

Maybe Chris was wrong. They don't seem like father and son...

A/N: Sorry if this seems short. I rushed. Anyway, I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling issues. I was texting a friend using a valley girl dialect while writing this, so it may have affected it. Maybe.

 Hey, I got this up faster! Have fun waiting for the next update. Maybe tomorrow, or five weeks.

 I'm a bit rushed right now, so I'll just leave.

 Yours in demigodishness and all that, and as always, until next time! *cheesy salute*