"everything was gone"

Five Years Ago: Feitan's POV

I was about to go on a mission with Y/n. Apparently there was a detective who knew way too much about the Troupe and needed to be taken care of, so Chrollo sent Y/n and I to carry out the mission. We had met at 11 at night outside of York New City. When she saw me she simply smiled without saying a word. I knew she was a quiet person but something seemed off.

"You good?" I asked her. "Oh? I'm fine, don't worry about me" Y/n jumped when I spoke.

We both looked over the rocks that we were hiding by and saw a man on the phone. He had copper hair and wore a with button up shirt with gray work pants.

"Yes, I'll have at least one of them arrested by tonight, you know you can count on me" He spoke to someone on the phone confidently. "Is that him?" Y/n asked. I nodded my head. "Let's go" I said.

Y/n still looked nervous but she still followed my plan. She was the first one to reveal herself.

Y/n's POV

"You're not part of the Phantom Troupe are you?" The man asked me. "I'm not answering that" I replied bluntly. "Listen, I don't wanna hurt you so can you please tell me where they are. Those people are dangerous and they've killed many people" He explained to me.

I didn't show any signs of shock because I knew that. I was never an official member of the Phantom Troupe but I've known many of the members before the Troupe was even a thing. The words 'They've killed many people' didn't faze me. I was involved in some of those killings myself.

"It looks like you are aware of that" The detective said. I didn't respond to him. "Are one of your friends a part of the Phantom Troupe? A lover maybe?" He asked me.

I didn't react but hearing the word 'lover' being used made me realize something. I needed to tell a member something and I was running out of time. I had already gotten a bad feeling from this. I had a feeling as if me or Feitan were about to face something serious. Like a death or fatal injury.

"Please say something, miss. It'll help them more than standing in silence" The man still tried to get me to leak information about the Troupe. "She doesn't have to tell you anything" Feitan finally came out of hiding.

The man then had an evil smirk on his face.

"Let's see how much you mean to him" His entire tone of voice changed.

I was then punched in the face so hard that I drew blood and dropped to my knees. I would have been able to dodge the punch but I wasn't expecting him to get so violent like that. I looked over at Feitan and mouthed 'don't worry about me' to him.

"Leave her alone" He yelled. "Where are the other members of Phantom Troupe" The detective asked. "I don't know, but she has nothing to do with this" Feitan said to the detective.

He then tried to throw another punch but I caught his fist, which was a surprise to him.

"I thought you were weak, looks like this is gonna get more intense" The detective said.

I slowly backed away but I was getting pulled towards the detective. I knew he was using nen but I couldn't see it because I wasn't a nen user. I couldn't move my arms or legs, it was like I was tied with an invisible rope.

"What type of detective are you?!" I asked him. "The type that gets answers" was his insensitive reply. "So where is your headquarters located" He asked Feitan. "Don't tell him anything" I ordered Feitan. I then received a kick to the side. "So now you wanna talk?" He asked me.

Feitan pulled out his sword and prepared for a battle. Just by his face you could tell he was angry.

"Feitan, I'm not here to fight, I just want answers" The detective spoke calmly again. "I don't care, I'll kill you right here" He replied.

They engaged in a fight and I tried escaping while detective was focused on Feitan.

Feitan's POV

While we were fighting Y/n got up and the detective was quick to notice. He pushed me far away and ran towards Y/n. I saw the nen ropes getting tighter around her body. I could tell it was getting harder for her to breathe but the detective picked her up and she tried to squirm away. The detective squeezed her shoulders and quick ran back to the two of them when I realized what was going on. He was doing a nen initiation on her. Massive amounts of aura went into her body and she got visibly weaker. Y/n looked at me and mouthed 'I love you'. I knew I was far away and barely heard a word but I knew 100% that's what she said. A single tear ran down her face but the nen ropes disappeared.

"Since you can't be honest with me, I take her away from you" The detective looked at the cliff and without hesitating, he threw her off.

Y/n's pretty bun came undone and her sweater was ripped with blood stains, her knees were bruised and she was bleeding from the head. How did I let her get hurt like this?  I blamed myself for this. I tried to grab her arm but it was too late. I turned around and I was ready to kill the detective.

"Pain Packer" I spoke. "Oh, this is gonna be interesting" The detective was finally serious. "Rising Sun" was the last thing I remember saying.

I destroyed the detective, there wasn't even a corpse, just dust. Y/n had so much potential and she was a kind soul, yet everything was gone. She could have been a remarkable nen user and a member of the Troupe and more but she was killed for the spider. After I killed the detective, I felt the temperature drop which was weird because Rising Sun usually makes things hot.I called Shizuku and she cleaned the area and then we met with Chrollo.

"You look angry, were you able to finish the mission?" The boss asked me. "Y/n died so the mission was successful" I said with no expression at all.

Shizuku put her hand over her mouth, she was friends with Y/n and was devastated I knew the other members would be heartbroken too.

"Were you able to recover her body?" Shizuku asked me. "She was thrown off a cliff, there's no way I could find her body" my tone getting more aggressive.

I left before I got angrier and went home. I mourned her death by myself. She was one of the closest people I had and I couldn't believe she was gone. Y/n was someone who didn't say much but when she did, her words were always kind toward us even when were had arguments. I felt tears coming from my eyes.

"Am I...sad?" I asked myself.