"things have changed"

Feitan's POV

I thought about the night before and realized that I made a mistake. I shouldn't have left a mark on Y/n. I've heard the word 'love' one time but it could've meant something else. Things have changed between me and Y/n. Before she left I didn't know about love and know I know about it a little bit. I got out of bed and went to my closet to get my clothes for the day. In my closet I saw a dark blue dress. And then I remembered: before Y/n 'died', I was planning to give it to her.

Phinks's POV

When Feitan came into the headquarters he seemed gloomier than usual. I looked over at my friend and he just gave off a 'don't-fuck-with-me-or-else-I'll-kill-everyone-here' type of vibe.

"So tomorrow night here's the plan: we all go to the casino and look for our target. I don't know yet, but someone will steal his sapphire ring, if you have to use force, use force, just don't get caught" Chrollo explained our plan for tomorrow nights' mission. "And Feitan, Y/n can help out too" Chrollo added. "Y/n's alive?" Shalnark asked.

Feitan nodded at him.

"Okay, now we need to find something to wear, get into pairs and go shopping" Chrollo ordered.

Feitan and I exchanged a glance and we were on our way. We ended up going to a Macy's and looking for suits. I saw this emerald green button up and a grey suit and thought it'd look good together. Looked over at Feitan and he was picking out an all black suit.

"Uhhh Fei do you wanna add some color to that?" I suggested to him. "You don't like it?" he asked me. "Since when do you care?" I asked him. "What does 'I love you' mean?" Feitan asked me.

I looked at him confused.

"You got a date or something?" I asked him. "No" he quickly denied. "Then why are you asking me this?" I questioned my dense friend. "Y/n told me that five years ago" Feitan said casually.

My eyebrows raised. I knew he was close to Y/n but I didn't know about her feelings for Feitan.

"Are you gonna answer my question?" Feitan asked. "You know how some guys have girlfriends and wives?" I asked Feitan. "Yeah" he replied. "Well those guys love their girlfriends or wives" I said. "But what does that mean?" Feitan asked.

If Feitan wanted to know something, he'd do all he could to learn about it.

"Well the person you love is like someone you don't mind spending all your time with. You'd also wanna protect them and do everything for them" I explained. "So a simp?" Feitan asked. "No it's different, the person that you love also loves you back" I said to him. "So I love Y/n?" Feitan asked. "Do you have those strong feelings for her?" I asked me.

He thought about it for a second.

"Yes I do" he finally responded. "Have you ever been in love?" Feitan asked me. "Uhh it's a long story" I tried to dodge the question. "Answer question" Feitan spoke more informally. "Fine...don't laugh. It wasn't really love I was just being stupid" I said. "Explain" Feitan said. "I was on a solo mission and I got a little drunk at this bar and ended up crashing at this woman's house and we umm...I'll skip that part, but it wasn't what I thought it was" I explained. "ha idiot" Feitan laughed at me.

I punched him a little hard and he fell down making a thud sound when he hit the floor. An employee turned around.

"Ah really sorry about that, let me help you" I pretended it was an accident. "Fuck you" Feitan got up by himself. "One more question" Feitan said. "Yeah?" I asked him. "Do people who love each other leave marks on each others' necks?" He asked bluntly.

My eyebrows raised when I realized what he was talking about.

"...did this happen?" I asked him. "Yes" he gave me a dull response. "It depends" I said to him. "What do you mean?" he asked me. "Who is Y/n to you?" I asked Feitan. "An acquaintance?" Feitan said.

You suck at social skills I thought to myself.

"You sure?" I asked him. "I guess, why are you making this so complicated?" he asked me. "This is a complicated topic" I replied to him. "Then don't make it complicated" Feitan raised his voice slightly. "Fine...usually lovers don't do that unless they're together. You know...like a girlfriend or wife" I explained to Feitan. "I see" Feitan said

Feitan's POV

The entire 'love' thing was so confusing to me. After our lengthy and complicated conversation, we paid for our suits.

"I need to get something from my apartment" I said to Phinks. "Want me to tag along?" Phinks asked. "Do what you want" I told him.

After walking a few blocks we were at my apartment. I put my bags down and went into my closet to get Y/n's dress. Phinks looked at the dress but didn't say anything.

"So you're gonna ask her to come with us?" he asked. "Yeah" I replied. We then went back outside and walked to Y/n's house.

Y/n's POV

I was at home reading in my living room and then I heard someone knock on the door. I opened it and saw Feitan and Phinks. Feitan handed me a piece of clothing.

"We have a mission tomorrow night, I'll text you more information" Feitan explained to me. "Thank you I'll be there" I said to Feitan. "...was there anything else you needed?" I asked Phinks and Feitan. "No...no we're good for now, we'll see you tomorrow night" Phinks said.

I closed the door and looked at the piece of cloth. It was a dress, it was dark blue with rhinestone straps. The dress looked a little small but I could've made it work.

"Jesus Feitan, why are you so awkward?" I heard Phinks from the other side of the door. I planned out my outfit for tomorrow night and then relaxed for a bit. I took out my phone and texted Feitan

Fei

hey yk you can text me whenever you wanna come over right?

read 10:42

k

11:06