"she was breaking down"

Feitan's POV

The next morning Y/n still seemed down. She woke up before me but I could tell she didn't feel like doing anything. When I got up I found her in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee.

"You're gonna feel even more tired" I told her. "I don't care" she replied. "We can go back to my room" I said to her.

I tried my hardest to not piss her off. Y/n put her head on my shoulder.

"You know you're the reason why I stayed in York New" Y/n said to me. "Really? Why?" I asked her. "I had a feeling we'd meet again, I just didn't know when" she explained to me. "Well when we used to go on missions together, I felt happier with you at my side. When you were gone, I had gotten really dark and violent" I told Y/n. "I guess we missed each other" Y/n said. "You know, I finally know what meant when you said 'I love you'" I said to Y/n.

Her faced turned red. I put my hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes.

"I share the same feelings" I said as I placed my lips on hers.

Y/n held onto me tight. Her lips were cold but you could taste vanilla on them. I then moved my hands down to her waist. Again, she was cold but I was fine with it.

"Feitan...I can't do this" Y/n said.

I quickly pulled away.

"What do you mean?" I asked her. "What if someone finds out...they'll hate me more and it'll ruin your reputation" Y/n explained. "It's worth the risk" I reassured Y/n. "...you'd do that for me?" she asked me. "The Troupe's important to me but you're worth more than world to me" I said to Y/n.

She kissed me this time, pulling me closer to her. I could feel her pain through the kiss. Her need of validation from the Troupe and the pain from losing her mentor. She was breaking down inside and she needed me more than she thought.

"I'm sorry I've wanted to kiss you like that for a while now" Y/n told me.

I kissed Y/n again. This time Y/n laid on my bed and I was over her. I kissed her on her neck and left a few marks. I held onto Y/n's hand and went further down her body. Things got interesting from there. After a while we were both tired. Y/n fell asleep in my arms again and we just cuddled. I then got a text on my phone from Chrollo.

Chrollo

We found someone who needs to be interrogated tonight.

read 9:48 am

"I have an interrogation tonight" I told Y/n. "I'll come with you" she said to me.

Y/n readjusted herself on the bed and rested her hand on my chest. For the first time she was warm.

"You're warm" I said. "Really? I'm usually cold" she was surprised too. "I don't wanna get outta beddddd" Y/n complained. "We have a few hours, we can be lazy" I said to her. "I needed a break from work" Y/n said to me. "Okay emo librarian" I made fun of her. "Hey! I looked good didn't I?" Y/n asked me. "You looked really good, I love the new look" I said while playing with a strand of the white hair. "Was this natural?" I asked Y/n. "Yeah when I froze, my hair changed color a bit" she explained. "Sometimes you seem like a different person" I told Y/n. "How so?" she asked me. "I don't know how to explain it, but that night at the casino was something" I said.

Y/n laughed thinking about the night.

"I would've been more fun if we got to dance more" Y/n said. "You know Phinks gave me advice about you that day" I told Y/n. "Oh god...how did that conversation go?" she asked me. "It was something...but I realized my feelings for you that day" I told Y/n.

Y/n's POV

I turned towards the window and looked at the city. We were under the blankets so no one could see us but I could see the entire city. No matter where you were, York New's views always took your breath away. I felt Feitan's arms wrapped around me. His arms had a strong grip and I could feel his abs pressed against my back. I wished that we could spend every day like this. We both dozed off again and when I woke up it was 3 in the afternoon!

"Fei we should get up" I tried to wake him up and get out of bed.

He squeezed me tighter when I tried to move.

"...don't leave...not yet" he said to me. "Stop being a baby, we have somewhere to be" I said to him.

I turned over and faced him and Feitan put his face in my chest and used me as a pillow.

"You win...five more minutes" I said to him. I ran my fingers through his hair.

Who knew the Phantom Troupe's interrogator was a softie? After five minutes were over I got out of bed and got dressed. Feitan laid on his stomach and watched me. I threw his clothes at him.

"Stop staring, you need to get ready too" I said to Feitan. "You're right" he agreed with me.

Feitan then got out of bed and I saw his tattoo for the first time, right under his v-line there was a 12 legged spider with the number 2 on the body.

"What?" he asked me. "That's where your tattoo is?" I asked him. "...yeah" he replied.

Feitan then slipped on his pants and cloak. But I was still getting ready.

"Jesus Y/n, how many weapons do you carry on you?" he asked. "Enough" I replied while slipping a few throwing knives into my trench coat. "You know you can create all those weapons with your ice" Feitan explained. "I'm not that advanced yet" I told him. "You'll get there soon, now let's go" Feitan said before we left.

For the first time I didn't feel broken on the inside. I felt whole and I knew myself a little better.