"it wasn't gonna be pretty"

Y/n's POV

When we got to headquarters, I felt like we were being followed but I kept my cool. I heard someone pull the trigger of a gun, so I quickly made an ice wall.

"I thought I smelled a rat" I said to the man who was following us.

For some reason he looked a little familiar. He tried to run away so I pushed the ice to him, causing him to fall. Feitan then grabbed him by the hair and we dragged him into headquarters.

"We found another one" I told Chrollo. "There's a man in the interrogation room...take him there Y/n" Chrollo ordered me.

I went to the interrogation room and there was another man, he had dark hair and he was sitting in a corner. I released the man who followed us and locked the door.

"If I hear a word out of your mouths, you'll both die. Do you understand?" I got more serious.

I sat down on the counter of the room and took out one of my throwing knives. I inspected it and tried to memorize every detail of it. I lifted my free hand and tried to replicate the item. To my surprise, it worked. I ran my finger along the edge and it felt like a real knife. I threw it at one of our hostages and it grazed his skin like a real knife. He gasped when he realized he was bleeding. I then heard a knock on the door and opened it for Feitan.

"Okay let's get started" Feitan entered the room.

He picked up a knife.

"Who are you two?" he asked. "I'm Kyou Nakashima" the familiar looking one said. "And you?" Feitan pointed the knife at the other hostage. "Kenichi" he spoke with fear. "Why did you try to shoot us?" I asked Kyou. "I-I can't say" he was afraid.

Feitan then held the knife against his throat.

"She asked you a question, reply" he threatened him. "Fine! We both work for the York New police department, my brother tried to find members of the Phantom Troupe years ago but he died" Kyou explained. "What was your brother's name?" Feitan asked him. "Yosuke, Yosuke Nakashima" his voice broke. "He was a manipulative person, one that used rope-like nen right?" I asked him. "How do you know?" Kyou asked me. "Oh, he tried killing me five years ago" I told him. "...so you killed my brother?" he asked me. "I did, like I'm gonna kill you" Feitan spoke up.

I could tell he was angry. He was gonna hurt Kyou and it wasn't gonna be pretty. I turned to Kenichi.

"How much do you know about us?" I asked him.

His attention was focused on Kyou and I ignored what was going on behind me.

"Answer me or else you'll be next" I said. "Your leader is specialist, Chrollo Lucilfer. Every member has a 12 legged spider tattoo somewhere on their body." He explained to me. "I see...why did you take this job?" I questioned him even more. "The money...there's loads of money on each member's head" Kenichi went on. "So you think it's worth it?" I asked.

He shook his head quickly.

"Good answer, now where can I find your coworkers?" I continued. "The police station! There's this huge group of people on a team trying to find you guys. Be careful, they show no mercy" he said to me. "So we have something in common" I said.

Both Feitan and I decided to spare Kenichi but Feitan left Kyou's corpse there. I couldn't even say what Feitan did to him, if you had saw his body, it wouldn't even look like something a human could do. And yet, Feitan killed him without breaking a sweat.

"So what did the two of you learn?" Chrollo asked us. "The guy who followed us here was the brother of the man who tried to murder me" I explained. "And the other one?" Chrollo asked. "Oh he was actually useful, apparently at the police station there's a huge group of people trying to find and arrest or murder us. They'll get paid big money if they're successful" I summarized what Kenichi said to me.

We then heard a loud scream and then a crack.

"Ah such a shame, we spared him. He could've even been free" I said kinda disappointed. "What are we gonna do about our fan club?" Phinks asked.

I looked up at Chrollo and my eyes said 'let me have this chance'. He easily read my expressions.

"Tomorrow...don't disappoint me Y/n" Chrollo spoke so only I could hear him.

I nodded my head before going home. As I was walking home, I planned out how I was going to put end to the investigation. I was thinking that I'd just break in and kill everyone who was involved in the case and destroy any evidence about us. I needed to find a way to do it without being caught which was the hard part.

Feitan's POV

I helped Shizuku clean the interrogation room because I felt bad about the mess. Once we were finished Chrollo called me over to him.

"She has a chance to be a member, if her mission is successful, she'll be number 9" Chrollo said. "I see" I replied. "Y/n's grown a lot" Chrollo told me. "I know" I said to him. "By the way, I know" Chrollo said. "Know what?" I asked him. "About your relationship" he replied. "What are you talking about" I played dumb. "Feitan, I know the members of my group better than you think" Chrollo said.

I bead of sweat dripped down from my forehead.

"It's fine, you two will go far, I can feel it" Chrollo said.

I didn't say a word after that and just went home. But for some reason, I felt really happy. I guess knowing that I didn't have to hide my feelings for Y/n when I was with the Troupe was a relieving feeling. But something was still on my mind, did Chrollo mean that Y/n and I would be together for a long time?