"it's never been normal"

Feitan's POV

Y/n and I were out on my balcony. We were laying down looking at the stars. Even though there were lots of lights in the city, you could still somehow see loads of stars. In Y/n's eyes you could see the stars. I found myself admiring Y/n more than the sky. I turned over and put my hand on Y/n's cheek. It was so cold outside that Y/n's body was getting cold too. I nuzzled her neck causing her to smile. Y/n wrapped her arms around me and I rested on her chest.

"Can I ask you something?" Y/n asked me. "Ask me anything" I replied to her. "...do you ever miss when we were younger?" she asked me. "Sometimes I do, we used to do a lot of dumb shit but it was fun" I explained to her. "Do you remember Aldi's?" Y/n asked me. "Yeah, we stole so much money from there" I laughed. "I kinda wish that we could revisit those times just to make up for the five years I was gone" Y/n opened up. "At least we're together now" I replied to her.

Y/n shivered a bit and then got up. I kinda felt bad because I knew Y/n wanted those five years back.

"I'm gonna go get some tea" Y/n said to me. "Can you get me that vanilla one?" I asked her. "Ok" she replied.

After 5 minutes Y/n came back with two mugs of tea. She sat back down and we drank together.

"Feitan we're almost 30, what are we gonna do with our lives outside of the Troupe?" she asked me. "I'm not gonna lie to you, I don't know and I just wanna live in the moment with you" I told her.

Y/n hugged me tight.

"Sometimes I want to say, we should go back to when things were normal, but it's never been normal" Y/n said.

I thought about it for a second: she was right. We met while I was stealing stuff and she almost died for the sake of the Troupe. We never had a normal life. But I think that's what makes us special. We somehow found each other after five years and made things work.

"You're right Y/n" I agreed with her. "I kinda like our crazy life. I don't think it would be as fun if we didn't do what we did" Y/n said.

Y/n's POV

I got up from the balcony.

"It's getting too cold, I'm going inside" I told Feitan. "I'm coming" he followed me.

I crawled into bed and wrapped myself in a bunch of blankets.

"For someone who always uses ice, you're always cold" Feitan said when he entered the room. "Ironic, isn't it?" I said to him. "It is" he crawled into bed with me.

Feitan wrapped his arms around me.

"I don't think I've truly said this to you but I love you Y/n. I love everything about you, from the way you hold me close to the way you tie up your hair. I love you from the bottom of my heart" Feitan said to me.

I was speechless. I never knew him to be that expressive.

"I love you" I simply stated like I said five years ago, I was repeating history. "That makes me nostalgic" Feitan said to me.

It was hard to believe this was real life. Nothing's ever been this perfect. I guess I was so in love with Feitan. Feitan held onto me as if he'd never let go.

Third Person POV

Y/n and Feitan finally got what they wanted all these years. They were together and happy. All they wanted was to hold each other like the lovers that they are. They were bound to end up like this. They've known each other for eleven years.

"You know what would be funny" Y/n said to Feitan. "What?" he asked her. "If we got married and had a family and had a generic life" she said.

They both laughed thinking about how normal that sounded. They both knew for a fact it wouldn't be that easy especially with their lifestyles.

It was crazy for the both of them to think that they reunited at a library and from there they did lots of crazy things together.

The End