04

BARE FEET SLAP ACROSS cold floor beneath the girl, fear filling her body

The little girl wanted to scream out for help but she knew it would be useless, she was trapped and the only one that could help was herself.

She pushed herself to run faster, constantly looking over her shoulder. It wasn't long till she hit a dead end, almost running face first into the cold wall.

" No, no, no. " She muttered, tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

Soon, she started to hear the familiar footsteps coming closer and closer. In a frantic last try to escape, the little girl began punching the wall in front of her. Each punch causing dents or cracks to appear in the stone wall.

Her hands started to ache from the constant pounding.

Strong arms wrapped themselves around the girl, causing her to let out a scream. In a panic, she began hitting the arms around her waist. He winced in pain and dropped the girl, but before she was able to run away again, a dozen more guards appeared.

Each one of the guards grabbed her and harshly pushed her to the ground.

The last thing the little girl felt was a syringe going into her neck before blacking out.

RYAN AWOKE WITH A GASP, sitting up so fast she felt lightheaded.

" Shit. " She muttered, her head falling into her hands for a moment. She tried her breathing techniques, the ones that her former therapist had taught her, trying to regain her composure.

After a few moments had passed, she slowly raised her head from her hands and looked at the bed beneath her. Two holes now appearing besides her. She let out a huff, she must had ripped the bed while she was sleeping.

I really am a fucking lunatic, she thought to herself.

Her eyes moved over to the alarm clock 2:45 AM, blinking back at her. Slowly, she pulled her body out of the bed, grumbling to herself the whole time.

All she wanted was a good nights sleep but no, she was lucky if she got two solid hours.

She made her way to the kitchen, flipping on the light as she walked past. She began rummaging through the cabinets, hoping to find something to snack on.

Soon, she found a tub of nutella and she prayed that it wasn't  expired.

" Hell yeah. " She said to herself when she realized it didn't expire for another three months.