03

RYAN HAD BEEN QUIET FOR most of the ride

RYAN HAD BEEN QUIET FOR most of the ride. Her eyes closed, while her mind prayed to find some sort of peace. Some sense of ease, but it was to no avail. She had even made sure to take her meds too.

Rachel had taken notice of this. Even if she wasn't a empath, she could have taken one look at Ryan and knew something was wrong. The younger girl tapped her friend's shoulder before signaling her to check her phone.

" Are you okay? " The text read. Ryan paused for a moment, thinking about what to say. " Yeah, just tired. " She responded.

" You're lying. " Rachel, quickly, texted back. " Don't forget I can feel what you feel. " There was a pause before the next text was sent. " And see what you have seen. "

Ryan sucked in a breath as she read those messages. She knew that Rachel saw the vision she had while under Trigon's spell.  She felt a wave of irritation wash over her. She knew it wasn't Rachel's fault, she knew that she couldn't control so many aspects of her powers. It irritated her that someone knew something that Ryan didn't want to share. She wasn't ready to talk about her vision, or her feelings. All she wanted was to be alone, at least for a moment.

" I'm fine. " Was all Ryan responded before turning her phone off completely. She didn't want to completely shut Rachel out, she just wanted a break.

Rachel slide her phone back in her pocket, not wanting to push on the subject further. She didn't take offense to her coldness, she just wished she could help.

              A FEW MORE HOURS PASSED before Ryan really took note of where they were going. They were in San Francisco, they were heading to Titans Tower.

" No fucking way. " Ryan muttered. She was surprised that Dick would willingly bring the teens there. She was unsure as to why the Titans disbanded, but she knew it was disastrous. Dick had refused to talk about it and would always say the members just grew apart.

The group falling apart was incredibly hard on Ryan. She had become very close to the all members, and her time spent in the tower were some of her best. More complicated feelings overtook her.

" Why won't you just tell me what happened, Dick? " A thirteen year old Ryan grunts as she trails behind the man.

" Because there is nothing to tell, Ryan" Dick sighed, clearly frustrated with the girl's constant nagging.

" Why are you lying? "

" I' m not, seriously please just drop it. "

" I don't want to. " Ryan snapped before pausing for a moment. " They were my friends too, ya'know? "

" I know. " Dick responded, guilt filling his chest as he looked down at the teen. He knew that she was only asking because she cared but he couldn't dare let the truth come out. " But I am telling you the truth. This what happens when you get older, people change and grow apart. "