01

RYAN WAS UNABLE TO focus on the possible loss of her friend due to Donna sending a punch in Ryan's direction

RYAN WAS UNABLE TO focus on the possible loss of her friend due to Donna sending a punch in Ryan's direction. The hit made direct contact with her chest and caused her fly up against the wall behind her. She landed with enough force, that caused a large hole to be formed in her place. Ryan had never had the wind knocked out of her before, but she had always imagined it would feel like this. It was common knowledge that Donna was strong, she was the daughter of Wonder Woman but damn. She was strong. Ryan let out a few gasps as her body hit the floor, trying her best to get back up on her feet.

She noticed, out of the corner of her eye, that Rachel was now standing back on her feet. Her heart had turned into a red, diamond jewel and was now on her forehead. Her eyes were as dark and sunken in as the rest of her friends.

" I understand now. " Rachel says, her voice distorted and demonic. She had a a sick smile on her face as she looked up at her dad.

" Rachel! " Ryan calls out again, finally getting to her feet. She sees that Dick is now approaching her, fist raised and ready to hit her. Luckily, she was able to push him away before he he made contact. Dick's body landed on the ground with a loud thud. Behind him, Kory and Donna start to close in on Ryan. She tries to run past the duo, but due to Donna's speed it was no use. Donna was able to take hold of one of, Ryan's arms and Kory took hold of the other. With there combined strength, they threw her backwards. She crashed through the railing of the stairs, and landed up against the white wall. She, once again, caused a giant hole to be formed where her body made contact.

While this was going on Trigon and Rachel were contining to have their conversation.

" I knew you would understand. " Trigon grinned. " You are my girl. " He added, glancing over to see Ryan being grabbed by Kory and Donna, his grinned widened. " We are a family now, the world belongs to us. " He gloats. Once, Trigon saw Ryan being flung backwards the door swung open. Trigon, Angela, and the rest of the soulless victims follow suit.

Ryan groaned helplessly as a new sensation washed over her. She had never been physically beaten before, or felt any kind of physical pain before. Due to this, Ryan hadn't noticed that Gar had disappeared, his clothes being left in his place. A moment after she noticed this, she saw a green snake slither out from the pile of clothes. It was headed towards Rachel. She felt her heart swell as she realized that Gar was alive. He was alive. Ryan pulled herself out of the sizable hole in the wall. She was shocked to see that when she turned around, she could see outside. Donna and Kory caused her to literally go threw the wall. Ryan shook her head before making her way towards her friends.

Right as she made her way over to Rachel and Gar, it appeared that Gar was able to pull Rachel out of whatever spell she had been under. Only Gar would be powerful enough to pull, not one, but two people out of the darkest corners of their minds. It amazed her. Gar and Rachel turned to face Ryan, and Gar's face lit up once he eyes landed on her.

" Ryan. " He breathed out. " You're okay. "

She stared at him wordlessly, her eyes tracing over all the wounds that she had caused. His face was covered in blood, and he even had several streaks of the dark crimson on his chest. The multiple bruises were already starting to form and he had gashes scattered across his face.

" I'm so sorry. " Ryan whispered, as she brought her fingers up to graze his wounds. She touched him as if he were glass, and she was terrified to break him.

" It's okay. " Gar confirmed. " It's okay, i'm okay. " He forced a small smile as he reached up to take hold of her hand. It was at this moment she noticed that she too was covered in blood. His blood. Gar's blood. She immediately felt sick to her stomach, which caused her to pull her hands away from him. " Seriously, Ryan, it's okay. "

" No. " She responded. " No it's not. " Before Gar was able to respond, Ryan saw Dick was now back to his regular self. She had heard Rachel talking Dick out of his trance while Gar and her were focused on one another. Ryan felt another wave of relief wash over her as she watched the Dick she knew come back to reality.

" Now, if you will excuse me, I think it is time for me to speak to my father. " Rachel stated, before swiftly turning around and walking out the door.

" Shit, Gar. " Dick stated, his eyes roaming Gar's wounds. " Did we do that to you? "

" No. " Was all Gar answered before he followed after Rachel. A look of shame fell over Ryan as Dick's eyes moved to her. It did not take long for Dick to understand what happened.

" I don't know what happened, Ryan. " He admitted. " But I know that it you wasn't really you that did it. "

" That's good. " She responded, forcing a smile to appear on her face. " That makes one of us. " She added, before making her way out of the house and onto the porch. Dick followed closely behind. Dick and Ryan made there way to the group, standing along side them.

Everyone, silently, watched as Rachel and her father exchanged words. Ryan also noticed that Angela's liveless body lay on the grass, looked like her neck had been broken. Ryan's eyes moved back to Rachel as a dark matter began to emit from the younger teens body. The matter swirled around the father and daughter before eliciting an explosion. The blast caused a wave of black smog to shoot back at everyone on the porch. Ryan braced for impact, as everyone else was knocked to the ground due to the force.

A smile grew on Ryan's face as she looked around and saw that everyone had turned back into their normals selves. She immediately made her way to Jason, who was lifting himself off the ground with a grunt.

" Jason! " She called out, running over to her friend and wrapping her arms around him.

" Woah, hello to you too. " Jason responded, his arms looping around her waist. " What's with the bear hug? " He asked. Not that Jason was complaining, of course, it was just a bit out of her character.

" I just- " Ryan started to say, before releasing a sigh of contentment. The images of him being paralyzed flashing into her mind. " I'm just glad that you're okay. "

" Did we do that to the inside of the house? " Donna asked, head peaking into the doorway. The cracks on the floor, broken railing, and human sized holes in the walls was in clear view from the house.

" Ah, yes. " Ryan chuckled, pulling away from Jason and turning to face Donna. " You and Kory threw me into the wall, but that was after you punched me into the other wall. "

" Oh. " Donna frowned. " Sorry about that. "

" It's okay. " Ryan responded, brushing off the confrontation. She swung an arm over the older women's shoulders. " Thanks to you, I now know what it feels like to have the wind knocked out of me. "

________________________________

another short chapter :(( but i wanted to get it out. Do you guys prefer longer chapters, but having to wait even longer for updates or shorter chapter with faster updates??? Please let me know.