08

FIVE YEARS AGO

FIVE YEARS AGO

            RYAN BURST DOWN THE HALL OF
Titans Tower as she heard the elevator move up the building.

" How was it?! Did you catch everyone? " She asked, the moment the doors slide open to reveal the Titans. They were all still dressed in their suits, and had small smirks on their faces.

It must have been a good night.

" Why are you not in bed? " Dick asks, ignoring her question and brushing past her.

" I couldn't sleep. " She retorted. " It's hard to do when you are stuck inside while everyone else is fighting crime! "

" You are not stuck inside. " Dawn laughed. " We all went out earlier today. "

" You know what I mean. " Ryan scoffed, turning back to look at Dick. " You said once I turn thirteen and start taking my medicine that I could go out with you guys."

" No. I said I would think about it. " He clarified, arms crossing over his chest.

" Bruce has no problem with me going out with him. "

" Well, i'm not Bruce. "

" God! You are so lame. " Ryan groaned.

" Yeah. " Hank chuckled. " Screw you, Dick. "

" See?! Look! Hank agrees with me. "

" That's not necessarily a good thing. " Donna chimes in, Garth nodding his head in agreement.

" But you agree with me, right? " Ryan asked, frowning at the adult. " You think I am strong enough to fight with you guys? "

Donna let out a sigh. " Of course I think you are strong enough. " She explained. " But- "

" Ugh! "

" But, Ryan, there is nothing wrong with Dick just wanting you to be a kid-oh teen, excuse me. Most teens don't fight crime. "

Ryan opened her mouth to try and continue her case but was quickly cut off by Dick.

" Ah, no more. Go to bed. "

" But- "

" Bed. Go. Now. "

Dark eyes narrow at the group of adults, but her glares are only met with adoring smiles or chuckles. " Losers! Except Hank! "