08

tw: self harm

tw: self harm.

          " I THINK HE'S IN HERE. " Angela says. Ryan ushers the other three behind her before swinging open the door. Her heart sunk when she saw Dick. He was lying completely still and was strapped to a metal seat.

" Dick. " Rachel called out, he didn't flinch. Ryan was quick to move towards him, ripping off the leather straps. " Come on, we have to go. " She spoke.

" Holy shit. " Ryan muttered, as she noticed Dick's eyes wide open. She would have thought he was dead if she couldn't hear his shallow breathing and slowed heart beat.

" What's wrong with him? " Rachel asked, looking over at the two teens. The anxiety was painted on her face.

" They must've given him drugs. " Gar said, Ryan nodded her head in agreement.

" They may have broken him. " Angela said, taken a few steps closer to the three teens. " They do that here. "

" What the fuck are you talking about? Why would you say something like that? " Ryan snapped, rather harshly, refusing to believe her. " That can't happen to Dick, okay? H-he's not like everyone else. That can't happen. " She could tell her tone of voice startled the women, and it wasn't Ryan's intention but at the moment she didn't care. She couldn't lose Dick.

" Dick. " Rachel called out, gently shaking the man. " It's me. I need you to hear me. You are stronger than them. " She added, tears starting to fill her eyes. " You're stronger than anyone I've ever met. " Tears started to fall from Ryan's eyes as she helplessly watched. " Now we have to get out of here. We can't do that without you. " Ryan had inched closer to Gar as she saw his eyes starting to glisten, tears threatening to spill over. " You promised! You promised you'd never leave me." As Rachel's pleas are met with deafening silence, Ryan couldn't help but turn to hug Gar. She needed to feel some sort of comfort, anything beside the pain that was starting to grow in her chest. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, as the tears continued to fall.

" This can't be happening, this can't be happening, oh my god, this can't be happening. " Was all Ryan continued to mutter as she buried her head in his chest. " Please, please, please, let him wake up. Please. " At this point she wasn't sure who she was talking to but she hoped that someone was listening. Someone who had the power to save Dick. Gar stayed silent as she continued to plea, knowing there was nothing he could say to make her feel better. He just held her close, and hoped along with her.

" Yeah, I guess I did. " At Dick's voice Ryan slowly pulled from Gar, scared she was hallucinating. Once she heard his chuckle, she knew he was awake and okay.

" Thank god. " Ryan said, as she helped him up and out of his seat. She took one of his arms and wrapped it around her shoulders. She stopped for a moment, looking up at him. " Don't ever scare me like that again, you asshole. "