15

A FEW HOURS LATER Ryan stirred awake, her head still placed on Gar's chest and his was wrapped around her waist

          A FEW HOURS LATER Ryan stirred awake, her head still placed on Gar's chest and his was wrapped around her waist. She looked up at the boy, who was still sound asleep. A small smile grew on her face as she watched him for a moment. He was so different from a lot of the guys in Gotham. He was so nice, gentle, and soft. Those traits scared her in a way because she only saw herself as the exact opposite. She was hard and had nothing but rough edges. What if she held him too close or too hard and he broke in her hands? Her thoughts were soon cut off by a string of coughs that Gar had to begun to let out. 

" Are you okay? " Ryan asked, quickly moving to a sitting position. 

" Yeah, yeah. " Gar said, brushing off her concern. " Just something in my throat. " He added as he slide off the bed and began heading to the bathroom. The coughs continued to spill out of him as he gripped his stomach. Ryan felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Something was wrong. 

She followed after him, not believing his words. She cautiously watched him hover over the sink, the coughs becoming more and more severe. She stepped closer to him, placing one of her hands on his back as a sense of worry started to take over. 

" No, Gar, something is not right. " She explained. Gar was unable to respond as he now began coughing up blood. The crimson splattering across the tile sink. " Oh my god. " She muttered, unsure of how to help. She let out a gasp as Gar's knees suddenly became too weak to hold his weight, causing him to collapse on the floor. Ryan was able to catch him before he hit the hard floor. Carefully, she lowered him down as blood continued to pour from his mouth. 

" No, no, no, no. " She repeated to herself as she watched Gar's eyes begin to close. " Gar, Gar. Please you have to look at me, okay? Don't go to sleep. " She pleaded as she gentle placed her hands on either side of the boy's face. " Rachel! Angela! Get in here! " She cried out, trying her hardest to stay calm. Bruce always tried to teach her how to stay levelheaded in times of crisis and why it was so important to do so but it never stuck. Ryan could hear the women's footsteps running towards the bathroom. 

The two women let out a gasp at the sight. Blood had started to ooze from his nose, mouth and ears. Ryan couldn't help but cringe as she helplessly watched. She could hear his heart starting to slow and his breathing become more shallow. 

" What happened? " Angela asked as Rachel ran to Gar's side. She placed Gar's head in her lap, tears starting to pool in her eyes. 

" I-I don't know. " Ryan answered. " We were asleep and he was fine but he just woke up and starting b-bleeding-fuck-he's bleeding so much. " She added, as she met Rachel's eyes. They appeared to be just as panic filled as her own. 

" What's wrong with him? " Rachel asked, desperate for answers. 

" I think he might have internal bleeding from something but I just don't know what. " Ryan explained. " I can hear his heart beat slowing down. " She added, as a loud and persistent knock started emitting from front door. The trio all shared a confused glance, unsure as to who could be at the door.