25

It was lunchtime, but Gon had nothing to eat. So he walked over to Korosensei, "uhh, so I don't have anything for lunch-" someone shoved a bento box in his face. "you can share with me!" he blinked. "I wasn't finished" he pointed out the window. "so can I go get something to eat? It'll only take a few minutes I promise!" he thought for a moment. "alright, but if you aren't back within five minutes I'm sending someone after you" he nodded, then bounced out the door. Gon activated Zetsu and hopped over to a stream, then waited for a fish. He didn't have his fishing rod on him, but he had his knife. So he took off his shirt and jacket, then went back to what he was doing. A flash of scales, and he plunged his knife into the water with a splash. When he brought it back up there was a pretty large fish skewered on the end. He grinned, then caught sight of another and snatched it as well. He slipped his shirt and jacket back on after he dried himself, then started on his way back.

After he got within sight of the building and skinned the fish, he made a quick makeshift campfire and stuck them on a stick. The stick was long enough to cook both at once, so he slowly turned it to distribute the heat evenly. He was sitting there for about four and a half minutes when Nagisa and Kayano came out of the building. He waved a hand, "over here!" they started to run over, then Kayano blinked curiously at what he was doing. "are you...cooking some fish?" he nodded. "wait a minute, did you catch them?" Nagisa asked. He nodded again, "yeah! Back home sometimes I went on adventures into the forest and had to catch my own food, so I'm pretty good at it" he said cheerily, continuing to turn his fish. "how often would you say that you're in the forest?" Nagisa asked. He blinked, "well before I left home it was half of the day, but since I left almost all the time" he answered honestly.

Then he sniffed the air and frowned slightly. "why do I smell... what is that?" he looked in the direction of the building. "I don't smell anything" Kayano said. He pointed to the building, "I have a really good nose, there's a weird smell coming from over there. Is it.. Metal? No... Rubber? That's not it either" Nagisa's eyes widened. "I'll be right back" he said, and started in the direction of the building. Then he heard a popping noise and Kayano jumped. "Oh!" he blinked. "is that normal?" she rapidly nodded. "yes!" she's acting different. "is everything ok in there?" he asked, then pulled his fish back and opened his backpack. He grabbed a small paper plate, Gon had those in there in case he needed to eat. He zipped up the back again and then put on fish there. "oh yeah! Some of the others just like roughhousing that's all..."

Nagisa opened the door to see Korosensei avoiding pretty much the whole class trying to stab him, Hayami was in the back with a gun. This is bad! "listen now children, we have a visitor-" Karma smirked. "he's out with Nagisa and Kayano, we have ti-" Nagisa slammed the door closed. "everybody stop!" Hayami fired and Korosensei just barely avoided it, all eyes turned to him. "listen, the new kid's nose is like a bloodhound, he can smell all the knives in here from near the tree line outside" he said, pointing in that direction. Thankfully he was not in front of the windows, so he couldn't see what was happening inside. Everybody put their weapons away quickly, but Nagisa was worried he'd still smell them. "not to worry! Keep him occupied for another five minutes and I'll have this place cleaned!" Korosensei said, then sped away. I hope this goes well. He liked Gon, he was so bright and cheerful. Nagisa really didn't want him to be scared off because of the assault on their teacher. So he opened the door, and made his way over to where Kayano and Gon were with a smile.

Gon was about to walk over when Nagisa ran in their direction. "hey guys! Korosensei said we could eat out here if we wanted to!" he blinked, then beamed. "I like eating out in the woods, can we go further? I don't go too far away I promise!" Kayano looked over at Nagisa and he nodded. "sure" so he dragged them over to where his tree was, and the small campfire next to it. "come over here!" he leapt up into the tree and set his plate down on a flat platform he made for eating, then held a hand out from one of the lower branches. "there's space for you guys too!" Kayano hesitated for a moment before offering her hand. He helped her up and then did the same for Nagisa, then sat down near the platform and grabbed a utensil he had made out of an antler. "woah, how long have you been here?" Nagisa asked curiously. He smiled, "a few days" Kayano looked worried, "what about your parents? Or school?" he rubbed the back of his head. "well I left home when I was twelve, I went back a few times but aunt mito probably misses me" then he sighed. "and... I've never been to school. I think that's why Korosensei gave me the 'trial' thingy, to see if I was smart enough to go to school"

Nagisa's eyes widened, "you've never been to school?" he shook his head, "we didn't have one on whale island, aunt mito taught me all that she could but..." he laughed nervously. "I'm dumb, especially at math." Kayano frowned. "don't say that! I'm sure your plenty smart!" he shook his head again, "no I'm stupid, I know that. Like... I dunno give me a math equation or something" he shrugged. Nagisa thought for a moment, "what about three times twelve?" he thought for a moment. Twelve...carry the-wait. No- multiply the- his ears started steaming and both Nagisa and Kayano looked alarmed. He was still trying to figure it out when he got gently slapped. "h-hey!" he snapped out of it and sighed. "that's what happens when I think too hard, sorry" he took another bite of his fish and then Nagisa's phone made a weird noise.

"Nagisa" it said. Gon blinked. that voice sounds familiar... then it clicked. "wait, that sounds like Ritsu!" he peeked over his shoulder and his eyes shone at Ritsu, who was now looking up through the phone. "oh wow!" Ritsu smiled and waved at him. "hey Gon" he snatched the phone despite Nagisa's protests and swung his legs a little on the branch. "how are you doing that?" she smiled, "I downloaded myself onto everybody's phones" she can do that? "that's so cool!" he beamed. And she looked over at Nagisa, who was trying to get his phone back. "Gon please-" he ignored Nagisa, entranced by this amazing AI. "Korosensei told me that it's time for you guys to come back" Gon blinked. "aw, I'm still eating. Well alright, we can be back in like a few minutes ok?" then he got an idea. "oh Ritsu, you can see my tree setup thing!" he said, then started moving the phone screen along his place. "can I have my phone back now?" yet again he ignored Nagisa, then Ritsu spoke again. "I have to go now, see you in class" he pouted a little as Ritsu left the phone. "aw man." then he handed Nagisa his phone back and leapt from that branch to his previous one, before scarfing down the rest of his fish.

Kayano blinked, "if you could have eaten that fast then why didn't you before?" he shrugged. "I like to enjoy it I guess, also sometimes I get a belly ache when I eat like that" then he glanced over at the other two. "can you guys make it down on your own or do you need help?" Nagisa was already on his way down, but Kayano looked nervous. "don't worry, I got this!" he said, then grabbed her bridal style. That was kind of difficult because of their size difference but it wasn't too bad, then he leapt down and let her get to her feet. Nagisa looked surprised, Kayano was torn between awe and shock. "did you just... life her like it was nothing?" he blinked. "huh? Well I mean it was kind of hard but it worked out pretty well didn't it?" then he grabbed both of their hands and started dragging them. "let's go!"

About four minutes later they made it, Kayano was kind of tired but Nagisa only looked a little bit out of breath. "jeez, you have so much energy" Kayano said. He giggled, "I know that! But I'm so not looking forward to class" despite his words, he enthusiastically swung the door open to see that everybody was sitting down and kind of tense. He blinked, then sniffed the air. Where's that weird smell? It's gone. Then he glanced around. "something wrong?" he looked over at Korosensei and shook his head. "no, but I can't smell like... anything." he was extremely confused. "I mean the people that are already here I can but... I can't catch a scent from anything that was eaten at lunch" it was just like when I first found this place. "I'm sure it's nothing, find your seat please" he nodded, then bounced over and sat down at his temporary desk.

Then this woman came in, she had blonde hair and looked really pretty. "alright, today-" she paused, then frowned slightly over at him. "I was not aware of a new student" he raised his hand. "Hi! I'm Gon. I'm here for a trial or something for a few days" she sighed. "why wasn't I told about this?" she asked, shooting a glare at Korosensei. "it was a last minute kind of thing. Now, I suggest just a normal class. Nothing extra today" what's that supposed to mean? "alright" she said, then Korosensei started writing on the chalkboard. A few of the students looked alarmed at first, but then calmed down. What does it say? She blinked over her shoulder at the writing and sighed again. "let's get started"

It had gone on for about thirty minutes, when somebody yelled. "alright Ms. Bitch, we get it!" as she was explaining something that he was totally lost on. The blonde teacher shot a glare at the student who said that. "I SAID NO NICKNAMES!" Gon frowned, "hey! That was mean" she pointed over to him with a smirk. "yes, exactly. Listen to the new student brats!" ok, now she's being mean. "listen" Karma said, "her name is Ms. Jelavic, sounds like yella bitch." he blinked. "oh." honestly he had to admit the second one was easier to remember. "HEY!" she does yell a lot. "Karma stop contaminating him!" one of the girls protested. Contami- what? I'm confused. "hey, I'm just helping him out. her name's too complicated for him" school is confusing.

1874 words

To be continued...