27

Gon woke up late. He was roped into extra lessons to work on Japanese and his body had demanded sleep. He glanced at his phone, it was green and orange striped. Korosensei had given it to him as a gift because his own was 'out of date' or something. Then he gasped, "Fuck!" Gon wasn't one to usually swear, but he was so late and when you hang out with someone who does it often it just kind of slips. He quickly got himself ready, then grabbed a bento box he had prepared for lunch. I missed lunch anyways, might as well eat it now. So he scarfed down his sushi and cooked fish, then leapt out of the tree and started running. I'm so late! What happens when I'm late? Will I be kicked out? Suspended maybe? Gon quickly darted around the English teacher, shouting an apology over his shoulder as he went. "watch it" she snapped back. He got to the door and pushed it open, panting a little. Korosensei paused the lesson and he looked over at him. "you better have a good reason-"

"I'm sorry!" he said, then rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I woke up really late. I mean really late. The extra classes ran kind of late and I didn't set an alarm" he said, then his eyes drifted over to his temporary seat. As soon as he did, his eyes brightened. It's Killua! He would recognize that fluffy white hair anywhere. Although should probably be worried that Killua got himself suspended somehow, but he didn't think about that. Instead he gave Korosensei a smile. "I'm gonna go sit now" he said, then bounced over to the desk next to his. I don't want to interrupt class, maybe I'll talk to him during the break? He fidgeted a little in his seat, then glanced over at him sideways a little. I can't wait! He's gonna be so happy! He did this a few times, then Karma tapped on his desk to get his attention. Killua looked over at him and he flicked a paper at him. But I'm not that good at reading the language-

He blinked down at the numbers, before realizing it was a phone number. Oh, yeah. Korosensei said that whatever he typed in would translate to Japanese, and then anything he received would be translated into his own language. Gon didn't question how it worked, he just texted the number.

Gon: Hi?

Karma: Yo, this is Karma.

Woah, it works!

Gon: why did you send me the number?

Karma: I just wanted to say it's probably not the best idea to talk to the guy with the white hair.

Gon: why?

Karma: he's not really good with people, plus I'm pretty sure your cheerful attitude would bounce right off him and he'd tell you to fuck off.

Gon: Killua might do that if it was you, but he'd never be that mean to me!

Karma: wait a minute, how do you know his name? nobody talked to you on the way in.

Gon: well me and Killua met when we were 12, I'm pretty much his only friend. :3

I love these cat faces! Ooh, there's so many combinations I can make!

Karma: do you happen to like jumping off cliffs?

Gon: how'd you figure that out? I never said anything!

Karma: well, I fell off a cliff one time and he told me how he had a friend that liked jumping off of them.

Gon: Oh.

Karma: you're not even worried that I fell off a cliff?

Gon: why should I be? You're alright now.

Karma: ... I guess you're right.

Gon: so, are you his friend?

Karma: Killua doesn't really do friends, more like people he can barely stand.