35

Gon watched Killua's interaction with Itona from the shadows, and he felt himself smiling. He's changed so much. To be honest, this Itona guy kind of reminded him of Killua a little. And I think he saw that too, that's why... Gon had seen his hand go to his knife sheath, but for some reason he never drew it. Itona was sobbing into Killua's shoulder, just like how Gon used to comfort Killua. Suddenly, there was a smoke bomb and the metal rubber scent filled his nose. People started shouting, "Anti-me powder!" Korosensei said. "sending my ward adrift was all part of the plan, Kurosensei" Gon felt anger surge from deep within him. He was yelling, screaming in agony. And it was all part of his plan to assassinate Korosensei? BBs started to fire, and Korosensei had to dodge as quick as he could "come along Itona, you have one last duty to fulfil"

Killua's bloodlust spiked and Itona looked up with wide confused eyes, suddenly a white net was thrown. It ensnared them both and he lashed out, then clenched his teeth when the damn thing wouldn't break. And I can't expose my Nen here, who knows what sorts of experiments will be run on me. "DON'T YOU DARE!" Korosensei yelled. He still held Itona close as they were packed into the back of a car, then driven away. "rescue them, you are their teacher right?" Shiro said, as they were driven away. And the net is bound too tightly for me to reach my weapons, I can't just use my electricity in front of my classmates- "w-what?" Itona whispered. He gave him a reassuring smile, "you'll be ok" he responded softly, and Itona seemed a little less lost. I won't let them hurt you more than they already have, I swear on it.

Everybody started to panic, coughing and trying to clear their lungs of the mist. Gon however, had held his breath the moment the smoke bomb went off. Then Gon realized something. Wait a minute. Killua could have busted himself out of that Net no problem. Korosensei was about to take off when he spoke. "wait" he paused, then looked back at him. Nagisa looked really worried, "they've got Killua too now? This can only end badly" "Killua could have broken out of that on his own" he muttered, then bit his lip. "how could he? If that net could hold Itona-" Kayano started. He shook his head, "the net was too tight for him to reach his knife but surely he could have just used his-" then Gon's eyes went wide. Wait a minute! He activated En, only to see that Killua was using Zetsu. He's hiding his Nen, if he uses it now then those people might try to use him. "I'm going after them, you all stay here-" Gon leapt on Korosensei's back and he stopped just short of taking off. "No way! I'm coming too" Korosensei thought for a moment, then moved Gon from his back to holding him underneath. "alright fine, but the rest of you stay here" and he zoomed away.

Killua and Itona were still wrapped up in the back, when he got an idea. "hey" he said softly. Itona looked up at him with a confused and mildly scared expression. "let me tell you something" he started, "true family, is not driven by hatred" he blinked. "huh?" he ruffled Itona's hair a bit, and he felt him lean into the hand a little. "family is supposed to support you, help you, Shiro is not your family" Itona looked like he wasn't too sure about that. "family is loyalty, comfort, and compassion. That's what I've learned, you don't have to be related by blood to be family" Itona's hands gripped a little tighter on him. "d-does that mean..." yes, it's working. He gave Itona another smile, this time it was genuine. "we're here, take them out" Shiro ordered. His and Itona's 'bonding time' got cut short as they were moved from the car to the ground, after activating En he realized that there were light post things set up in the trees. This assassination attempt is not finished- "ITONA! KILLUA!"

Korosensei landed next to the net, and the lights came on. "blast, their using pressure waves to slow me down" he said weakly. "not that I'm the least bit surprised, but you really are a fool" Shiro said, then walked out with a gun. "Itona is mine" he gritted his teeth, wishing he could do something right now. "LIKE HELL!" he yelled, and Itona buried his face into his shoulder again. Korosensei had to dodge rapidly from the BBs shot at him. "remarkable, you grow exponentially weaker when the target is anyone but yourself, are you certain you won't go?" Korosensei kept dodging, yelling as he did so. "I am his teacher!" suddenly there as a shout of pain and Shiro was punched in the face by Gon, who had a furious expression. "you'd better think twice if you thought I'd just let you take him!" Shiro was knocked hard into a tree, the others stopped firing as they stared at him in horror. Then more shouts as the others started taking out other cloaked members. "you might be anti him, but you aren't anti us" Terasaka said with a growl. Itona's eyes shot wide and he looked around as the lights were turned off and his capturers were slowly immobilized.

"it's melting his tentacles!" Isogai shouted. Killua blinked. Ok, why didn't I notice that? The class gathered around him, and Nagisa tried to get them out. "it's insanely strong, does anyone have a real knife of them?" everybody looked at Killua, and Killua huffed. "Gon, please tell me you keep your knife on you at all times like I told you to" he nodded, then rifled through his backpack. "why does he need that?" Kayano asked. Killua growled, "self defense" Itona didn't speak, just watched with a slightly open mouth as this was going on. "got it!" Gon pulled out his knife and was about to cut the rope when he decided to add something. "make sure to enforce it first" Gon blinked, then enforced the knife with Nen and cut it. He was glad that he mentioned that, because it just barely worked. As soon as he and Itona were free, he heard a voice. "keep the boy if you'd like, he'll only live another two days or so" Killua stiffened, then quickly drew his gun and fired.

Multiple people jumped, and Shiro stumbled with a gasp of pain. "listen here bitch, people aren't toys. And you know what makes me tick?" he asked with a bloodlust filled glare. "people who use and manipulate children." he grabbed his magnet and pressed the button, causing the bullet to come flying back out and stick to it with a loud clink. He had only wounded the hand, as a warning. "if you don't clear out within a solid minute I will not hesitate to aim for the head" he said in a low dangerous tone. Shiro was out within thirty seconds, and the clearing was silent for a few moments. Then Itona started to wobble a little and he grabbed him, before lying him down on his back as he fell unconscious. Korosensei determined that in order to remove the tentacles, he needed to be removed from his hellbent need of victory. Ritsu had also found out some news about Itona's past, the kid had been abandoned by his parents essentially. Then he got an idea. "Gon, bring me that net" he drew his dagger, then pressed it to the shriveled up tentacles.

Said tentacles disintegrated, the net was dropped next to him and he handed Gon the knife. "if they regrow, just press it down" he brought out his sewing needle and thread, then a pale blue cloth from his bag. He happened to have some pale green as well, so he started stitching the net into a perfect shape to fit over Itona's head. "what are you doing?" one of Terasaka's friends asked, he didn't know when the rest of the class got there but they had also come. "making a headband, the tentacles screw with his brain so if they don't come out then they can't lead him into another blind rage" the girl with curly black hair slipped something out of her pocket and knelt down next to him, then started stitching with him. Oh, she has some too. "let me help, it'll go faster" they spent about five minutes stitching it together, and it looked pretty good if he did say so himself. (looks like Itona's cannon bandana but with a blue top half and a green bottom half) after he was done Gon removed the knife and he slipped on the bandana. A perfect fit.

When Itona woke up Terasaka, Kirara, Takuya, Gon, and Killua were the only ones still there. He blinked in confusion and Killua gave him a small smile. "we made you a bandana out of anti-sensei material" his eyes widened slightly as he put a hand to his head. "Oh..." Gon snatched Killua's wallet and pulled out a hundred bucks. "Oi, that's mine" he said. Gon shrugged, "well Itona's probably hungry" he glanced from Killua, to Gon and back. "I guess it's fine" he grumbled, then stood up and held out a hand. Itona took it as he stood up, then looked kind of awkward. Like he doesn't know what to do. "alright" he said, then snapped his fingers. "Gon go buy noodles and spices, also a bowl please" he nodded, then bounced off. Killua then patted Itona's head. "stay here for a bit, I'm gonna go get something" then he was off, leaving his temporary companions in the dark. Ramen's pretty simple, let's find something good to put with it.

About 15 minutes later he and Gon had cooked up a woodland ramen thing, it didn't really have a name. Itona and the others looked skeptical but he pushed it in front of Itona and gave him some chopsticks. "if it's terrible I got plenty of cash to get something better" he offered. Itona nodded, then raised his chopsticks. "you aren't seriously-" Gon shot a glare at Terasaka. "just shut up already, I'm tired of you complaining about every. single. thing. That Killua does. Your starting to sound like an asshole" Killua tried to hold back a snicker at the looks on the other three's faces. "I thought you were too... I dunno, innocent? To swear" Takuya said. Killua snorted, "he's-" suddenly Itona gasped, which drew everybody's attention. "something wrong?" he shook his head, then started to eat faster. "woah, is it that good?" Gon beamed at the praise. "I get my cooking skills from my aunt mito!" Killua brightened. "oh hell yeah! your gonna have to make me some sushi sometime, I've never tried it from you before" Gon looked away. "uh- sure!" he blinked. That was odd. Itona finished his ramen and licked his lips. "thank you, brother"

1844 words

To be continued...