28

Killua turned his back to Gon and squeezed his eyes shut as the tears started to fall. "Killua, show me how you really look. Without the concealer" he put his hands to his face. "N-No!" he didn't want Gon to worry, but he already knew he was faking. "if you don't then I'll do it myself!" he gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw a little. I have to. So he started rubbing, and the tears helped a little to be honest. The wet helped wash the concealer away some, and they just kept coming. He wiped his eyes a few times and then turned, not meeting Gon's eyes. He gasped, "w-what the hell? What happened to your face!" he flinched slightly. "I uh... haven't really eaten or slept much...for the last two days" he mumbled. Gon grabbed his hand. "these aren't bruises, what the hell is this?" he bit his lip. "what even happened? You look awful!" yeah, I know that. "a shit ton of anxiety, now fuck off!" he snapped, then regretted it as soon as the words left his mouth. He just couldn't do anything right could he?

Killua felt the tears come faster and his legs didn't want to support him anymore. The pain still present in his right leg, it was throbbing and his other one felt weak. So he fell to his knees and covered his face with his hands. "H-Hey!" then he felt a hand on his back. "wait, what's your view on making friends?" he scoffed. "friends? Who the hell wants to be around someone like me?" Gon's hand clenched a little. "No! wrong! The answer is 'friends are overrated', not that you don't deserve any! I thought I got you out of that phase!" he worried, and Killua started sobbing a little. "why do you even hang around me?" why would someone as good and light as you, even come anywhere close to me? "you're stuck with me! I already told you this" Gon said, before shoving his face into his shoulder. "no matter how many times you screw up I won't leave you, your my best friend" he clutched at Gon's back, the tears coming faster. "hey" he said, this time softer as he hugged him back. "let it all out, it's ok to cry"

He started downright sobbing, although muffled by Gon's jacket. All that anxiety just came spilling out of his eyes in buckets. Gon tried to murmur soothing nonsense in his ear, ruffling his hair a little as he did so. I missed you so much... but for once your only half the equation. After a few minutes, he was starting to calm down. He had run out of tears and Gon pulled back from the hug to look him in the face. "Killua, I want to know what happened. From the beginning" he said softly. He nodded, Killua couldn't deny Gon the truth any longer. "A-Alright..." he shifted off Gon's lap and crossed his legs beneath him, then wiped his eyes as he tried to think about where to start. "t-there was a new P.E teacher" he started, and Gon blinked. "Mr. Karasuma?" he shook his head. "some guy was ordered in to take his place, and he gave us sweets" Gon frowned slightly, "and?" he bit his lip. "his name was Takaoka, I had a feeling something was up pretty much the first time I saw that fake ass smile of his. It was nearly flawless, but I know what a fake smile looks like"

Then he shifted a little. "he made a relation to us as the 'father' and called us his 'children', which made me even more on edge. The look in his eyes when Hinano first called him a father figure..." Killua gritted his teeth. "he pushed them too hard, and when someone complained he hit them and kept saying things about how he was the 'father' and everybody had to listen to him and put up with his absolute bullshit" he snapped the last part a little, then growled. "I couldn't watch, so I left. If I stayed there any longer I'd have done something on an impulse" Gon gave him a smile, "you did the right thi-" he growled. "I'm not finished!" Killua clenched and unclenched his fists. "the next day he challenged one of the students to a match with a real knife, if the blade so much as grazed him then he'd leave without complaints" Gon blinked. "I'd give you the knife in a heartbeat" he raked his hands through his hair with an agitated growl. "and Karasuma knew how I felt! He knew about my family, and the shit I grew up with, but he gave the knife to Nagisa!"

Gon frowned slightly, "can he even use a knife?" he shrugged, "didn't matter to me. I was right in front of him and he dismissed me from class instead" he said miserably. I could have prevented that entire fucking thing if he just gave me the damn knife. "I don't know what happened, but they went out to a sweets shop and Karasuma left me waiting for two hours after Nagisa won his little fight. I was so fucking mad that I killed like ten animals and made a goddamn pile on the school steps" Gon winced slightly, "you missed that much sleep over a person you let escape?" he huffed. "it's more complicated than that, just listen" then he gritted his teeth. Damn it I want to kill that bastard again. "during our summer vacation I tasted poison in the drinks that were served to our class" Gon's widened. "is that why there's empty seats?" he shook his head. "No, nobody died." he said, then scoffed bitterly.