Chapter 6

Trigger warnings - talk about death, Swearing

Just so you know I don't know how kissing scenes work so it will probably be cringe.

Karl's pov

I wake up remembering that I had to watch my mum die in front of me. Hopefully, I have a good day to try and forget about yesterday. "Good morning Karl," George says from the top bunk. "Morning George. Are you still working today?" I ask knowing that George is injured. "Yeah, I'll be ready soon," "Morning people!" Hannah yells while entering our room. "Morning Hannah. What time is the masquerade?" "1 pm!" Hannah says a little too excitedly. 

Hannah's pov

I knew Sapnap was planning to kiss Karl at the masquerade today. He'll kiss him at 12. "So Karl you can hang out with me today before we have to get ready," I say. "Alright bye," Said George walking towards whatever he had to do.

-After everyone has had breakfast-

It's now 8 am and everyone is doing their jobs. Servants helping out families, cooks cooking and guards protecting the castle. "Morning everyone," Willow says walking over to us. "Morning Willow. Would you like to come to the garden with us?"I say looking over to Karl to make sure he's fine with it. "Sure. I would love to,"

Once we get out to the garden we see Wilbur, Dream, and Sapnap. "Let's eavesdrop," I say. "We shouldn't," Karl said. "That seems fun," Willow says. "Two against one. Majority rules. So we are eavesdropping," We hide behind the tree next to where they are sitting. "Thanks, guys," Is all we heard Sapnap say.

"You guys were eavesdropping weren't you,"  Wilbur said looking at us. "I told you," Karl said. "How much did you hear?" Sapnap said looking at us. "Thanks, guys,"  Willow said. "Thank god," I heard Sapnap say in a slight whisper that only I could hear. "Sapnap you need to speak up," Dream said. "Well we are going now," Sapnap said dragging Dream and Wilbur with him.

Sapnap's pov

"I'm not kissing Karl tonight," I said looking at Dream and Wilbur. "What Sap. You have been talking about doing this before the masquerade," Said Dream. "Yeah and I'm sure he likes you," Wilbur said. 

"What if he doesn't and it gets awkward between us, and he ignores me," I'm just stressing about this now for some reason. "Just do it. Then you know how he feels," Quackity says coming over and hugging Wilbur. "I'm going to my room,"

When I get back to my room I make a list of positive and negative things about this.

Positive                                                  

He'll like me back         
We'll start dating
He'll at least think about it

Negative

He'll ignore me
It'll become awkward

Well, that didn't help at all. I decide to think about it for a little longer.

-Time to get ready for the masquerade-

Well, I thought about it and I still don't have an answer. I'll ask Hannah. I get into my suit and put on my mask and walk downstairs. Luckily It's just Hannah. "Hannah should I kiss Karl or not," She looks at me kinda shocked. "I thought you were gonna do it?" "Just answer!" I yell a little loud. "Yes do it!" Hannah yells. "Do what?" 

We look over to see Karl standing there. "Don't worry. Why don't we go in now," I say. "Ok," Karl says still curious. We walk in just as my father is telling everyone to enjoy the masquerade and try to forget about yesterday.

 I look over at Karl who is talking to Hannah. "So what do you guys want to do?" "I'm getting food," Hannah says walking over to where George, Willow, Lilly, and Dream are standing. I see Tommy talking to Tubbo and Ranboo. Punz and Purpled talking. Niki and Puffy are standing near my parents talking.

"So what do you want to do Sap," Karl says while sitting down. "Just talk I guess," We talk for a while, dance, and eat. It's approaching midnight and I'm worried cause I still haven't made my decision. "Karl pick one or two," One is to kiss him and two is not to. "Um, one. Why?" "Don't worry Karl. I'll be right back ok," I quickly go over to Dream before he could say anything.

"Looks like you two are having fun," Dream says. "I'm gonna kiss him," I say worried. "Really!" Hannah says a little too loud. "Sorry everyone," Hannah says embarrassed. "Sapnap It's 11:50. Good luck," George says while I walk away. "This is it Sapnap. You got it," Lilly says walking next to me. 

I look over at her. "What are you doing here?" I say looking at her. "I'm making sure you do it. If not I'm forcing you to do it," She says. Sometimes I question my friends. It's 11:53 when I get back to Karl. "Karl do you want to go to the garden with me?" I say hoping he says yes. "Sure, but what about the masquerade?" "It's nearly finished anyway," "Sure then," He says. I make sure we walk slow. 

When we get out it to the garden it's 11:59. I decided to stand under a tree. I hear the clock that rings at midnight go. "Hey Karl can I do something?" I say. "Sure," He says looking at me," I put my hand on his cheek and pull him in for a kiss. "I'm sorry I have to go," Karl says running off.  "Fuck you Sapnap. You ruin everything," I say while sitting against a tree. 

"I saw Karl run up to his room," I look up and saw Hannah. "I fucked everything up didn't I," I say knowing that our friendship is ruined. "Maybe you did but you gave it a try and that's all that matters," "I'm going to bed. Goodnight Hannah," "Night Sap,"

Karl's pov

Why am I crying? "Karl are you ok?" I look up to see George and Quackity. "We saw you run past the ballroom from the garden," Quackity said. How many people saw me. "Yeah It's just Sapnap kissed me and I ran away and I don't know why I'm crying," I look up to see them smirking at each other.

"Karl do you like Sapnap?" Quackity asked. "No, why" "He kissed you and you ran away, and now your crying," "I don't know ok," I say looking up at them. "Karl think about it and then come tell us ok," Quackity says walking off. "We'll be in the ballroom," 

Do I like Sapnap? We're just friends right. I'm just gonna have a shower

-After the shower-

Why am I still thinking about it? We're friends right. Why am I questioning myself? I do like him. Why does that sound right? I do then. I honking ruined everything. I'll go talk to him.

When I walk out I see him about to enter his room. "Sapnap!" I yell. He turns around. I run over to him and kiss him. "What, but I thought you didn't like me," He says. "What just happened?" We turn around to see George. "Seriously," I say. "I'm going to bed. Night everyone," I say walking back to my room but George decided to block our room. "Both of you in here now," 

Both of us go into the room. "So let's talk about what happened," We talked about it for a while, and then I fell asleep.

George's pov

Soon I see Karl fall asleep on Sapnap. "Sap you may have to sleep here for tonight," I say while pointing to Karl. "Ok, I'll sleep here. Night George," He says while getting under the blanket making sure Karl is still asleep. 

I walk downstairs to the ballroom to see everyone cleaning up. All the royal families have gone to sleep so it is just us workers. "Karl and Sapnap are cuddling in Karl's bed!" I yell so everyone could hear me. After everyone stopped talking and finished working we went to bed. "Today was an eventful day," I whisper to Dream and Quackity as we walk into our room. 

We walk in to see Karl and Sapnap still cuddling on the bed asleep. "Are they dating?" Quackity whispers to us. "No. Now go to bed," I say. I hop into bed cuddling with Dream. "Night," I whisper. Dream then kissed me on the head and I fell asleep.

-------------------------------

Word count - 1385

Hopefully you enjoyed that chapter. Be prepared for angst next chapter. My writing scedule is shit. As always don't forget to eat, sleep and drink water.