Seventeen : A flight to davao

Cali's POV

Today is the day... Well not exactly today... Its more on tomorrow... Tomorrow is the day my family and the marcoses will visit davao, my home town, for a campaign. And finally... Seeing and being able to hug mama after a long time.

Our family just finished eating our dinner together. Thank God. Walang drama na naganap for the past days. Siguro kase I've been keeping my distance from them din.

Pagnandito naman ako sa bahay its either nasa kwarto lang sila o umalis ng bahay. Not gonna lie, I'm missing my sisters a tons. Not being able to talk, see, touch, and hug them makes me feel like something is missing on me.

I am now on my room packing my stuff for our four days straight campaign. I already packed three maletas and one more to go. Yes, madami yun. Pero i need to be prepared and look presentable at all times.

Shempre nasa isip ko padin yung 'I am from a politician family so i need to act right and look decent at all times' for the sake of my parents and lalo na for dad's candidacy for such a high position on the government.

Knock... knock... knock...

"Its open! Come in!" I yelled.

I heard the door open but no ones even talking or making any noise. Kaya tinigil ko muna ang pagaayos at sumilip sa aking likuran.

Viviane...

"Ate.." is she crying?..

"Are you crying?" I asked confusedly.

She just stand there and look at the floor. Maybe trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Hey.. is- is something wrong?" Dahan dahan kong tanong while walking towards her. "Why are you crying--." She didnt let me finish and gave me a hug. A tight one.

I feel like my world paused for a second. My sister havent hugged me for a while now. And i miss it. Hindi ko alam kung anong gagawin ko.. should i just stand here.. or shoudd i hug her back.. or- or...

"Im so so sorry ate..." she whispered after a sobbing.

I wasnt that hard-hearted so i hugged her back. I think she needed me this time. At hindi ko yun ipagkakait...

"Im sorry ate.." she whispered again.

"Hey... shushhh.. I- I dont ge-- It's fine..." i said stuterring. Cant find the right word and sentence to tell her. Because i havent talked to her for weeks. And... nakakapanibago...

"Im such a brat ate... Im sorry... I- I was just taken a back.. And- and I didnt mean to be like that.." Sabi niya at parang nahihirapan na din siyang huminga dahil sa kakaiyak.

"Viviane.. breathe... in... out..." i stopped for a while and just rub her back. "Stop crying.... It's all fine... I understand you.. I gave you some space for the past weeks just to think and breathe from all the drama that has been happening in our family but mostly us.. you... me.. and luna... Im sorry for dragging you into this situation.. I never meant to make you feel this way.. Ate is really really sorry..."

I waited till she finally stops crying and feel more comfortable with me. We exchange side of our stories and listens on what each others point of view was. Accepting each others own fault and accepting apologizes that have been said.

She decided to help me pack my things up to make it easier and quicker since its getting late. And as she said since she used my time.

Once everything is done and packed. Like formal dresses, jammies, polos, pants, shorts, t-shirts, jackets, skin care, toilet tries, journals, and etc. It was alot but thankfully it all fit on four travelling bags. Me and viviane just catch up on things we missed on each others side. Madami daming chicka dahil medjo matagal na din kami hindi nagkausap ng maayos.