Forty Three : Mr. Right

(A/N HILDA GRAY IS BACK!!!!)
(MAG INGAY NAMAN KAYO PARA MAG ENJOY AKO MAG-UPDATE NG MAG-UPDATE NOH)

Cali's POV

"Itinatalaga ko ngayong araw na ito ika-30 ng hunyo taong 2016, si Gregorio Viado bilang bagong pangulo ng republika ng pilipinas."

I picked up the remote and turned off the television.

Humarap ako sakanilang lahat, everyone. My family and the Marcoses.

They sat in their swivel chairs here in the head quarters, with tears and confusement in their eyes.

Why did this happen to us. We did everything to show people that we deserve it, that they should give us another chance to prove ourselves.

I shifted my gaze to Uncle Bong and Dad. They look worse now. It looks like they are truly devastated. I understand, they put so much effort into it. I pity them.

"The fight is officially over ..." Simon said softly, still holding back tears.

"This is not a fight simon." Sandro corrected him. "It's an election."

Simon just shrugged and didn't pay attention to what his older brother said.

"We're defeated." Tito Bong said softly. Aunt Liza shushed her husband and stroked his back.

"How about now? What's our plan?" Luna groaned out of nowhere.

"I'll still help people, what else can I do?" Sandro answered seriously while placing his hands on his waist with arrogance.

"I second that." Vinny added.

"We talked about winning or losing, we will still help. It's not because we lost that we can't do anything. Even if we don't win, at least people still win because we continue to help them." Mom said while comforting dad who was just quiet and stunned.

I was just quiet and also idiot to one side as we turned. But I still listen to what they have to say. I just don't have the energy to speak now.

Why does something seem wrong ...

I'm leaving in a few weeks, but why does something seem to be missing?

It seems like it's hard to leave and return to the states alone if I don't seem to be satisfied with my stay here in my country.

I was surprised when someone put a hand on my shoulders. I don't have to look at who it is anymore because I already know the position. "Let's go out first ..." He said modestly to me.

I just nodded quickly. He took my hand and was about to pull me towards the door when Luna suddenly asked. "Where are you going?"

"Leave them alone, Ate. Kuya Sandro and Ate are grown up. You don't have a boyfriend wherever they go. Your job is your attitude." Viviane said to Luna with courage but still respect.

I was still thinking about what I should say but Sandro immediately pulled me out without hesitation.

......

"What's bothering you, my love?" He asked after drinking his coffee.

I was surprised when it came out of his mouth.

He end up dragging me to the coffee shop inside the headquarters.

I couldn't look him straight in the eye. I shook. "I don't know. Maybe it's because of the election."

"Maybe?" He wondered the question as if in disbelief.

"Come on, open up lady."

"No, I don't know, I don't know Sandro either." I calmly answer trying to stay calm.