Twenty Nine : Together

*Following everyone na magiingay sa comment section at magvote dahil wala si Author sa mood.*

Cali's POV

"This is.."

"Paoay Church..." I must be like those cartoons that have shinning eyes right now out of pure amazement. Then we started walking towards the door.

He chuckled. "Yes, also known as San Agustin Church. This is one of the top tourist destinations here in my province." Then i let him interwined our hands together. Just watching our environment secretly because some people might caught us.

Well nothings bad with that. I just don't think other people should know about it agad agad.

"Baroque style of architecture characterized by its thick walls made from coral stones and bricks. Right?" I said while observing the church.

"Yeah that's right. 24 huge buttresses of about 1.67 metres thick at the sides and back of the church building." He explained.

I nodded. "Has the length of 110 metres and 40 metres as its width."

Napatingin ito saakin. "You know about this?" Nagtataka niyang tanong.

Kibit balikat ko siyang binalingan ng tingin.  "I made a reaction paper about this when I was in highschool, i think? Yeah. Then ofcourse I needed to learn more about it because I haven't been in here."

"Ohh.. Thats nice. Now you're here."

"Yeah, Tell me more about it." Sabi ko.

"Ahmmm.. This was founded by Augustinian missionaries in 1593, and was a labor of love over time and in the face of earthquakes and other disasters. The Paoay Church history began in the 17th century. But in 1706 and 1927, it was damaged by earthquakes. But that doesn't make it look bad or make it less interesting for people. Because Its scars made it even more beautiful and worth visiting for." He made me face him and cups my face while making an eye contact.

"Yeah?"

"Calista, I want you to promise me, that we will be like this church." Hinawi niya ang hibla ng buhok ko. "Throught thick and thin I will always be with you and you will always be with me. We will never get tired of each other, but will be each others strength and our own satisfaction." I smiled. "Promise me right now in this exact moment and place.." tumigil ulit ito.

"..We will always be each others End Game.." He said.

My heart melts and eyes wanted to burst out crying but I tried not too because people might see me crying, and I dont want that to happened so I just gave him a smile. Even thought deep inside my heart is pumping so bad because of his words.

I caresses his cheeks then placed my hand on his hand that is placed on my face. "I promise.."

"Good. Now let's go." Sabi nito sabay hila saakin papasok sa pintuan.

It was breath taking inside. Hindi sa pagiging OA but it was truly amazing, inside and out. It was huge and have a long path towards the altar.

When I was younger Mama Juliet used to bring me to churches around davao every sunday. There comes a point that I have been a very good little girl na laman lagi ng simbahan.

But as time past by, lumipat kami sa US and stayed there for a while. My parents never had the time to even go to churches every sunday. Paminsan minsan lang because they are really busy that time.

Umupo kami ni sandro sa may bandang harapan. There are few people inside praying and just staring at the altar. We did the same tumitig lang kami sa altar for a good minutes. I can even feel sandro na bumabaling ng tingin saakin.