Chapter 211

Gwen smiles contentedly, blissfully ignoring the grey eyes that are practically burning holes into the side of her face with their intensity.

The table is half full with Order members, people slowly trickling in and taking their seats. Most of them seem surprised to see her sitting amongst them once again, but Gwen doesn't really mind. Minerva McGonagall is one of them, though she looks less surprised and more irritated. The Veela was certain that the Gryffindor head of house thought it was too early for her to return to full duty to the Order.

Sirius did too. But he didn't say it. He just sighed whenever a meeting or a mission came up, shaking his head and mumbling a combination of English and French meant to confuse her ears. But that's not the reason he's staring at her.

Gwen smiles behind her cup, her eyes remaining forward when she feels lips brush her ear, "I'm calling your bluff, Inferi."

It had been a week since she'd crashed his present into the backyard of the Potters. If she strained enough to peer over Remus' head she could actually see the torn up earth still scaring Mia's garden. She hoped Mum didn't mind wherever she was.

It had been a week since Gwen had spilled her secrets to Sirius, at least a few of them. She told him of Mykew Gregorovitch and his project, but refrained from mentioning how she would insist on owning one of his creations. She told him about Mundungus running her favor to Bulgaria, much to Sirius' irritation. He didn't care for the criminal, but Gwen was beginning to think that it was because Gryffindors think they have the moral high ground. She didn't mention that secret. She told him of the woman that had called her horrid names when she'd traveled with Dumbledore, how Mundungus had already ransacked her house as payment. An eye for an eye, at least to her.

He'd taken all of it well, or at least had been as supportive as possible. She knew he wanted to say more. She loved that he wanted to protect her, to keep her safe, to listen to her secrets when she was ready to tell them. He'd been appreciative of all but one.

Gwen had told him that she knew that James and Lily would have a boy.

"What bluff are you referring too?" Gwen swallows a gulp of tea to avoid laughing when Sirius' head slumps to her shoulder, an irritated grunt leaving him. He sits upright, and her eyes crinkle when she feels his palm cupping her chin, his pointer and thumb dumpling her jaw as he turns her head.

He looks so unamused, flat faced, narrowed eyes. Gwen laughs, head tilting back despite her temptation to lean into his touch, to beg him to slide his hand lower to decorate her throat. Perhaps not in the present company.

His cheeks tinge a wash of pink that she would call adorable if she knew it wouldn't get her in trouble.

"Quit looking at me like that."

Gwen smiles at his warning, promptly closing her eyes. Sirius sighs exasperatedly, letting go of her chin and muttering, "You live to test me, mon chaton. Tell me more about how you know."

She peeks one eye open to find him staring at her, a combination of confusion and disbelief on his face. He still didn't believe her. Probably because she had no evidence to suggest that the child Lily was carrying would be a boy.

She just knew.

She closes her eyes again, shrugging, "Intuition."

She expects another sigh, perhaps even a frustrated snort. She doesn't expect lips to cover hers, warm and soft. She practically melts into her chair, bones turning liquid at the feeling of his lips sweetly caressing hers. She jumps again when a sting reverberates from her lower lip, brows furrowing and her tongue swiping over it to check for blood.