Chapter 12: A new light?

(It took me a solid 10 minutes to think of a title and this was the best I came up with. If you don't like it, Boohoo cry me a river.)

I don't own Naruto

When Naruto awoke, he was in the same place he fell unconscious. He got up and touched where his wound was. His outfit was still ripped and the blood was still wet but the wound was closed.

"What the?" Naruto looks around and notices he's alone. Not only that but it looked like Konoha was in ruins. Half the village was on fire, houses were crumbling, and the stadium was completely destroyed. Naruto looked over to the Hokage's faces and saw his Father's face was destroyed. "What happened?" Naruto asks. He was expecting to hear a blatant response from Kurama, but there was nothing but silence. He tries to enter the mindscape but to no avail. 

Naruto jumps down from the building and starts walking around. "Hello!?" Naruto yells. His sensory skills seemed to be all messed up. "Who did this?" Naruto asks.

"You did," A weak Kakashi says, crawling out from under some rubble.

"Kakashi!" Naruto yells before running over to him.

"You demon. No one should have trusted you. You had us all for a fool," Kakashi says.

Hearing that word again broke Naruto. Especially hearing it from his own Sensei. "Kakashi, whatever this is, I didn't do it."

"You looked really happy when you killed Sakura, calling her an annoying nuisance. And the smile you had when you killed Satsuki," Kakashi continues.

Naruto's eyes start to water and he starts to shake his head. "Satsuki is dead? No no no no no, this can't be. I didn't kill her, I swear I didn't."

"Just finish me off and let me be with the rest of team 7," Kakashi says.

"But I'm still here, I'm still part of team 7, right!?" Naruto asks desperately.

"No, you aren't and you never were," Kakashi says coldly before dying.

Naruto gets up and looks at the Hokage's faces. "Please, please don't let any of this be real. Please for the love of Kami, have this just be nothing but a vision. Please just says I'm going crazy," Naruto pleads before he sees a shadow on top of the Hokage's heads. "Who the hell is that?"

Naruto decides to investigate and starts to walk up the monument. When he arrives he sees a figure with a cloak on. "Who did this?"

"You did, Naruto," The person says before starting to turn around. "Or should I say, we did this?" A darker-looking Naruto with Kurama's eyes says.

Naruto's eyes shoot wide open and he starts to hyperventilate. "No, this can't be possible."

"Well it is, and there's nothing you can do about it," The darker Naruto says before walking up to normal Naruto. "Our personality was split, you the lighter sympathetic one, and me the darker unsympathetic one. While you were taking a nap I was taking out everything that meant anything to you."

"What the hell are you?" Naruto asks.

"Were you not listening. No matter, you can call me, Yamito," Yamito says. "Oh, and with the lighter side comes our will to live," Yamito says before stabbing Naruto in the gut.

"You're a monster," Naruto says weakly.

"No, I'm a demon, learn the difference," Yamito says before slashing Naruto's neck

In the real world

Naruto woke up covered in a cold sweat. He looked to his left and saw the moon through the hospital window. Naruto sighed in relief. 'It was just a bad dream and looks like I have both of my personalities,' Naruto looks at the edge of his bed and sees Satsuki sleeping in a chair with her head on the mattress. 'She's alive, thank Kami,' Naruto thinks while laying back. He started thinking back to his conversation with Gaara. He said that Gaara could change because he had people who cared for him.