Roar your names to the sky

A soft light fill the luxurious office of St. Gloriana's Sensha-do headquarters. The fine silk drapes seem to glow with the soft light peeking through, as another beautiful day aboard HMS Ark Royal was in full bloom. Though this outdated carrier didn't belong to the Royal Navy anymore, and was a simple school carrier for one of Sensha-do's premier teams, St. Gloriana Girls College, though it had the name college in it, it was a school that brought up girls from the elementary level to college, one of the very few schools to do this.

Sitting in a lavish chair, was the leader for the high school level team, Darjeeling, name after tea made in West Bengal, India. This elegant beauty was enjoying such tea with grace that would make even Britain's Royal Family take notice of. Yet for all the grace that surrounds this young lady, her company at the moment would be probably the opposite, though she didn't mind that, since it added a different spice to her life.

"Feeling restless Miss Kay?" Darjeeling ask, her eyes close and a whisper of a smile on her face.

"Well, uh, I feel a bit underdressed to be in here," Kay said rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment.

Darjeeling now open her eyes at her friend, her smile becoming wider. "It's quite alright, it's just you and me in here for now."

"Your right, where's your right-hand girl little Miss Pekoe?" Kay ask, since she was escorted personally earlier by Darjeeling to her office, but not with her usual friend by her side.

"Ah, I told her I wanted some privacy with you. Also, Miss Alisa wanted to enjoy her company," Darjeeling said back.

"They make for odd friends don't you think?" Kay said with a lopsided grin.

"Yes, though so do we, am I right?" Darjeeling shot back with a joking tone.

"True, so where's the soda?" Kay ask.

"All these years we've known each other, and you always ask that when you visit. Do happen to like testing me?" Darjeeling said.

Kay smirk now with a shrug. "I just thought you surprise me and have it for once, especially since my days of fighting are done."

"Have you heard of this proverb: A good run is better than a bad fight," Darjeeling said with a smile.

"You and your proverbs give me a headache," Kay said with a sarcastic bored look.

"If you read more than you party, you wouldn't feel that way," Darjeeling teased.

Kay let a look of surprise come across her face. "Hey, I study. I'm actually going to transfer to a college in America because my grades are so good."

"Mm, if you do that, you won't be doing Sensha-do anymore, since America doesn't practice the sport," Darjeeling said, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Kay understood the disappointment in her friend's voice. They had met because of Sensha-do as first years. St. Gloriana and Saunders had always been close since both schools' founding, which meant friendly practice matches were always held with one another. The schools would always boast a huge number of participants, so to give everyone a chance and help their younger members gain the experience they would need for future battles, they had 1st-year teams participate in battles against one another, as well as 2nd and 3rd years in their own same class grade battles.

It was in this first-year battle that Kay and Darjeeling had both tasted their first tangle with command, and fought one another. The match ended in a spectacular draw, as both girls took each other out at the same time, though Kay to this day claims her shell hit her first. Yet even after such a hard-fought battle even for a practice match, Kay exited her tank and came to hug Darjeeling who was only just getting out of her commanders cupola, before being smothered in Kay's trademark bonecrushing hug. It was to be the beginning of an odd, yet endearing friendship that both of them valued greatly.