Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Oaria Alliance Part 1

The battle between Oarai Girls Academy and Chi-Ha-Tan academy had been the biggest anticipated battle for weeks for fans of all ages. Other Sensha-do teams, whether still in the tournament, knocked out of the first round, or didn't even qualify for it were watching intently as fans, and as well to learn from this match. Hoping to improve their own tactics and strategy by watching two of the premier commanders go head to head. As they say the road to improvement never ceases.

Yet for all the anticipation, the battle itself so far, well fans would say downright underwhelming. They weren't alone in this feeling as three Kuromorimine girls sitting under an open tent watch the match unfold from their satellite T.V power by a generator that was displaying the match. They were sitting in fold-out chairs, but each had a blanket to cover their legs to keep warm on this chilly spring day, still cover by overcast.

"What the heck is Miho doing?" Erika growled from her seat, holding a cup of hot cocoa in one hand, while the other was clenched tight in her lap.

"Erika, calm down," Koume said in an exasperated tone, as this was the fifth time in the last thirty minutes alone she had to ask the same question.

The reason for the silver-haired sub commander's irritation at her former sub commander fighting this day was justified displeasure that the fans in the stands could agree with. That annoyance was at the fact that there had been no activity for over three hours, not one shell fire in anger, no machine gun tracers lighting up the battlefield, no artillery strikes, no air battle, no nothing. It had gone on so long, that both air forces had to head back to their airfields to refuel and were only now on the tarmac about to take off again.

So far it had been quiet. The only sort of action was the Oarai team and their American allies, making a mad dash for the city dominating the middle of the map. It was the key to the whole battlefield, as the large Senate building offer a great observation point. While also there were no hills for a team to have an elevated firing position outside the city, so if you held it the enemy would have to attack down the narrow streets. While controlling the Senate Building was high enough over the city to see all enemy movements, but Oarai had won the race or more to the point allowed to take the city without a fight.

In a short span of time as their forces enter the city, they took up excellent defensive positions. They had cross streets covered with their big tank killers. They had place some smaller tanks in prime ambush spots in alleys or half destroy buildings to conceal themselves. They held their reserve of the Panzer 4 Ausf H, Type 5 Chi-Ri, StuG 3 mark as the operator tank and Hetzer mark as the flag tank, ready to throw themselves in the fight, besides their flag tank of course. While lastly, they sent their Type 89 out to scout ahead of the city as a picket, yet for all their great positions, they had done nothing but sit and wait around for Chi-Ha-Tan to make its move finally.

"Yet I have to wonder what is going through Miho's mind. She let Oarai take the city without a fight and now will have to street fight with them to dislodge their forces. Even with the Tiger 1 and Sherman Jumbo, they won't have a chance fighting down the narrow streets, especially now with those heavy tank destroyers from that American tankery team," Koume had to comment on.

"Exactly, which is why I am annoyed with her right now. She is smarter than this, having to know the city is the most strategic point of this battlefield," Erika growl in frustration once again.

"Well-," Koume try to say, but was cut off.

Maho spoke up for the first time since the match began. "Miho is outfoxing her opponent again."

"Huh?" Erika said.

A soft cough from Maho came next, making Koume next to her begin to reach out to wipe any blood away with her handkerchief, but Maho stop her with a wave of the hand.