First Round Report

63rd National Sensha-do High School First Round Report

Hello Sensha-do enthusiast! This is leading correspondent Soseki Morita back again, for as you can see the title of this report says, we have finally, after a week and a half of intense battles, finally have seen the first round of the 63rd national tournament come to a close. It was ferocious, heart-pounding, stupendous, nerve-wracking, saddening, heartwarming, and whatever other words you can come up with. Even then that might not be enough, and all praise must go out to these girls who won or lost, for putting on a spectacular show for us that must be appreciated. A special applause must also go to the women of the 54th Wing Division for providing great aerial battles and the women of the 203rd Artillery battalion who are working tirelessly along with the teams.

Now on to the winners and losers. I will be first going over all the matches and who and how they won, as well as the tanks that were in use. Also will have a preview of other matches, that I will give my analysis over who I think has the edge.

Bracket A

1. Oarai Girls Academy vs 2. Koala Forest High School

Oarai Tank Force:

Panzer 4 Ausf.F2(Flag Tank)

Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

Type 89 I-Go

StuG 3

M3 Lee(Operator Tank)

Char B1 Bis

Type 3 Chi-Nu

Porsche Tiger

A43 Black Prince

Koala Forest Tank Force

3 x AC 1 Sentinel

4 x Matilda Mk 2(1 mark as Operator Tank)

4 x M3 Stuart

4 x M3 Grant(1 mark as Flag Tank)

Winner: Oarai Girls Academy

Capture Reward: AC 1 Sentinel

Match Report

Well as I said before, I didn't want to discredit Oarai coming into this tournament, even as they took on one of the tournament's dark horse teams and fought them tooth and nail for the entire match, till they finally won. This match saw Ooarai's small 5 tank force from the qualifier increase to a total of 9 in such a short time. As again they somehow got more tanks along with their capture reward from the qualifier in the A34 Black Prince, making me wonder if the rumors of them just laying around their school is actually true, but whatever may be the case, they gave Koala a fight from start to finish.

These teams fought over a desert battlefield, though the heat of that day had nothing on the fire burning in both teams' hearts for victory. Oarai turtled up on the defense quickly taking a position on some rolling sandy hills, which provided an excellent defensive position with large fields of fire. Koala though didn't just launch a direct assault, instead use their numbers to hold Oarai in place launching a holding action, while using a flanking force under the leadership of Vice Commander Bluey to get around the enemies fortified position.