The Calm Before The Storm

4 Days to Match Day

"So did meeting your idol turn out to be everything you wanted, Miss Guderian?" Erwin ask with a smug look, as her and Yukari walk to their tank garage, as today they were going to meet their new teammates who were coming to reinforce their team.

Yukari scratch her cheek in embarrassment. "Maybe more exciting than I anticipated. Yet more fun than it should have been."

A chuckle from Erwin follow her commander's statement. "Well your exploits of getting out of there are like the Great Escape."

"I don't think it was that elaborate, plus didn't only three people actually get away from that German prison camp?" Yukari question her friend with a smile.

"Oh, true, maybe I should think of something better," Erwin said, now going into deep thought.

"The Raid at Ožbalt?"

"That's it!" Erwin said, pointing at Yukari.

"Eh, that was more of a guess than anything, though Miss Nishizumi did help me escape, so I guess that is close enough," Yukari said with a chuckle.

Erwin nodded at that. "Still pretty crazy you used a horse to escape. Even going so far as to kidnap their commander."

"Please don't say it like that, I just saw it as my only escape path. You should have seen how angry those Chi-Ha-Tan girls look when they came running through their academy to get me. I'm sure they would have strung me up and torture me if I didn't get away," Yukari said with a shudder, thinking about the braided hair girl who look ready to strangle her because Yukari accidentally straddle Miho, though she made no effort to get off before the braided girl showed up.

Erwin patted her commander's shoulder as they continue to walk. "Well we're glad you got home safely. That's all that matters in the end. Who do you think our new reinforcements are going to be?"

"I was thinking some team that was defeated in the tournament would be my guess. Maybe Saunders is going to join us or Jakostota," Yukari said excitedly, thinking over the awesome tanks they could bring into their team.

"Maybe Bellwall, they have some great Russian and German tanks," Erwin said.

"A rare T-44 fighting by our side sounds so cool right?!" Yukari said, her mind picturing it her head so vividly.

"Yep, we have the best of both worlds fighting at our side, though Stalin would be tossing in his grave to see his precious Russian tanks fighting beside German ones," Erwin replied.

Yukari chuckle a bit. "I think he can forgive us, especially if we beat a team like Kuromorimine in the end."

"Ambitious as all ways Miss Guderian, but let's make sure to beat our current foe first," Erwin reminded.

"Yes I understand Erwin, our strategy will win for sure. Thanks for all your help, I don't think I could have done it without you," Yukari said in a praising tone for her friend.

"Don't mind, you're the one that really help mold us. Your constant positivity really brought us up, a real motivator that could rival General Patton," Erwin tease a bit.

"Ah! Don't make me out to be scary like that, I never hit anyone of you over battle fatigue," Yukari whined at Erwin.

Erwin laugh at her friend's reaction. It made her glad to fight under the command of Yukari, who she became friends with instantly when they began to talk. If anything, Yukari fit right in with Erwin's military history buff crew, making her sad to think they had never found each other before Oarai's tankery team was started up again. Since Yukari would have made fast friends with their group. It didn't help Erwin's guilt about never meeting Yukari before, especially when she learn from said girl of her lonely first year at Oarai and for most of her life since she didn't find other girls who were tank enthusiast like her, which made Erwin feel more guilty she never reach out to her.