Chi-Ha-Tan Vs Ooaria Alliance Part 6

"Fire!" Fukuhara ordered aboard her Type 97 Short gun.

The tank's 120mm submarine gun roar loudly with its cannon blast, making the tank roll back from the force of its gun's velocity. With its anti-recoil cylinders just able to keep the tank from completely rolling back, since this gun was way larger than the tank was intended for by a lot.

Its target was the M4 Sherman, sitting sideways down the road because Fukuda had taken its track out earlier. Now was the perfect target, as the huge explosive shell hit the side of the tank, again not doing enough damage for the sensors to react as a kill shot. Yet enough to give its crew a good shakeup from the force of the blast, just as their commander wanted to use the tank's gun, and Fukuhara was loving every second of it.

"Good hit!" Maita aboard the Mk 4 Valentine mark as the operator tank said over the net, as her tank charged at the M4 Sherman now, hoping her teammate's blast would suppress it long enough for her to get close. Her tank's QF 2-pounder gun was not going to penetrate the Sherman's armor from range and needed to close the distance to within 50 or fewer meters for a chance to get the kill.

Yet Fukuhara wasn't given the chance to call back to her upperclassmen. As through the smoke of the blast, she could see the M4 Sherman, seeming to not be fazed at all by the blast, begin to line up their 75mm gun against the Type 97 Short gun. Making Fukuhara lean back in her cupola, knowing her reload wasn't going to be fast enough to fire back.

"Maita, its go-," Fukuhara began to say, but was cut off as the American tank fired, with its shell puncturing the front armor as if it were nothing, while overloading the systems as a kill shot, with the dreaded white kill flag coming up over smoking tank.

Looking back from her hatch, Maita tap the top of her turret in frustration over another loss. Leaving her now all alone, but her junior had given her this chance, just like Fukuda, Ishido, Kimura, and all the first years who had been fighting tooth and nail today. They were rookies, with no knowledge or experience from Maita and the other upperclassmen to give them the tools to fight in Sensha-do. Yet Miho had rectified that with her training to which these eager cubs took advantage of.

Now came the time to show why these cubs now look up to Maita now, and she would do it by honoring the Voltigeur platoon spirit.

Touching her throat microphone to her crew, Maita spoke over the net. "Kama, full speed ahead, while veering off the road."

"Roger!" Kama, the driver reply while working the sticks.

"Sui, traverse left and hold your fire till I say," Maita said, then lower herself back into the tank. Even though she was the commander, she had to act as a loader as well for her gunner.

"Got it, where are we trying to hit the Sherman?" Sui ask turning to look over to her tank commander.

"its side armor that is pointed to us, since it spun out on the road, thanks to Fukuda. Hit it after we get a bit closer, were also not stopping, so have to hit it on the move," Maita order, knowing she was going against her commander's teachings about being stationary while firing.

The reason was for this breaking of the commander's teachings, since the most impressive feature of the Sherman M4 that most people didn't credit it for, was turret rotation. With ranges of 15 to 20 seconds to do a full 360 turn, gave it exceptional turret traverse speed which at times was all the difference to winning a duel, with even some of Germany's greatest tanks during World War Two.

Maita knew this well, and why she needed to keep moving. As she peak her head above the open hatch to see the Sherman quickly traversing its gun in their direction. The distance between the two tanks was no more than 50 meters by Maita's best guess, and knew the moment was right to win this duel.