Our Bond is More Than About Sensha-do

Just under 2 weeks to Match Day

The sun was burning brightly over another gorgeous day out on the sea for the school carrier Akagi. Rolling over the calm seas, with a gentle wind playing across the small community. Yet for all the serenity to be enjoyed, the constant racket of cannon fire coming from Chi-Ha-Tan Academy could be said to be disrupting this harmony. Yet for the people of this close-knit loving community, it made them smile with pride because it basically told them that their beloved Sensha-do team was again hard at work to win this upcoming match.

Oarai Girls Academy was the new foe to be taken down, and the community aboard the Akagi were already posting support flags and posters all over the place to cheer on the girls of the Sensha-do team. They were witnessing a rebirth of their club that had been laughed at for years by others, who now were turning heads with their impressive string of victories. Yet for the residents of the Akagi and those who supported the club back in their affiliate port of Chiba Prefecture, they never doubted one-day Chi-Ha-Tan's Sensha-do club would rise back up, and now seeing it firsthand, they would do everything in their power to support their club.

That same wanting to keep her club's ambitions rolling forward was in Tamada's heart, as her M4A3E2 Jumbo roll forward, upgraded with a 76mm gun, while also painted with the Chi-Ha-Tan color scheme of brown base, splash with green and yellow color for camouflage. With the school's emblem painted on either side of the turret.

Tamada wasn't alone coming forward with her Jumbo, as line up to either side of her was her newly built platoon of first years assigned with Type 1 Chi-He's also with the same color scheme and emblems on their turrets. The new tank commanders were Miyata, Shibata, and Nakahara. They were all energetic as would be expected of first years, but disciplined as well to make sure to do their duty.

Though one of them was becoming a bit of a handful for Tamada.

"Miyata!" Tamada, who was standing tall in her commanders cupola scolded while touching her throat microphone. "You're pulling too far ahead, keep in line!"

"Uh, sorry platoon leader," Miyata said timidly over the net.

After shaking her head, Tamada focuses on her front. They were rolling across the dirt practice field to their objective, which was in form of a widely spaced row of large square plywood silhouette targets some 600 meters away, that had large dirt hills behind them, in case of overshooting. That way no shells would be accidentally shot into the community aboard the Akagi, safety is important you know.

Something caught Tamada's eye as her platoon continue their steady advance over the field, so she reach to pull the binoculars secure around her neck to take in the sight in front of her with an enhanced field of view, to which she curse a bit to see what it was.

Standing in a wide space line facing Tamada's platoon, was Chi-Ha-Tan's newest addition to the tank family, in 2 Type 5 Na-To's with a modified hatch over the open area, 2 Type 3 Ho-Ni 3's, and Miho's Tiger 1. They were all waiting for them, and Tamada could see their guns starting to swivel a bit towards them.

Knowing her job, Tamada touch her throat microphone to open her platoon net call. "Alright, enemy bearing 12 o'clock, 600 meters, time to shield up ladies!"

"Roger! Shield up!" Her platoon confirm back over the net.

Tamada turn back around in her commanders cupola to watch her platoon of Type 1 Chi-He's break from their line formation and smoothly move in behind her tank in a single file line, all while not breaking stride, while also staying right behind one another and maintaining good speed so not to bump into each other. It had been a difficult maneuver to get right the last couple of day's but Tamada had drilled them hard to get it down since this was what Miho wanted to use in the next match.