An Ode To Us

Silence completely took over the onlookers in the crowd, all watching the large screen in front of them. The image in front of them shocked them beyond words, as the Tiger 1 of Chi-Ha-Tan had just flipped over several times after making a crazy maneuver by whipping its tank around to fire at the Panzer 4 of Oarai following them. At such close range, the Tiger 1's 88m cannon was undeniably going to cut right through the armor of its little sister German tank, ending the dance of fury the two commanders had had. Yet after the Tiger 1 had flipped over several times, it's 88mm gun being destroyed in the process, made the onboard systems overload and the white kill flag pop up on the flag tank.

It had been spectacular, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, outstanding, nerve-wracking, magnificent, and whatever other words the people in attendance or watching at home could come up with. Yet the one thing everyone was wondering, were holding their breath for and were looking at each other in wonderment.

Who won?

The match-ending gun had sounded off, yet no winner had been announced on the screen. That was because not only had the white kill flag of the flag tank Tiger 1 had pop up, but also the white kill flag of Oarai's Hetzer 38 had pop up, due to the Mk 4 Valentine hitting it in the back as it try to flee away from the tank. Both flags had seemed to pop up just at the same time as the other, from what the replays were constantly showing.

Now there was just silence, no usual sudden cries from the victorious side, or tears flowing from the side that loss. All were just staring at the screen with unbridle anxiety, waiting for the Sensha-do referees to make the call and announce the winner. Yet they were dragging their feet at the moment, making some to begin to vent about who was the winner.

"Make the call!"

"Who won!?"

"What are the referees doing!?"

"Chi-Ha-Tan won, just say it!?"

"No Oarai won!"

"Announce the winner!"

"What are you waiting for!?"

The voices of displeasure now coming from the crowds of both sides, be it students, casual viewer, or fans of both sides of the club begun to ring together. That went double for the section of the Chi-Ha-Tan suspended members who were chafing at the bit to know who won, as they had been cheering as loud as anyone when Miho got her batter Tiger 1 moving and take down her adversaries. Again showing her prowess as the Tigress tank commander they all knew she was, while they also wanted to rush onto the field to check to see if she was alright.

Yet nothing was being said by the Federation, who show the trio of referees seeming to go over the footage of the last two shots that took out both opposing side's tank. It was as if they trying to decipher who was kill first since the match ending gun was so close to both being taken out. After some more time, the head Federation Referee seem to make a decision and made a net call to the PA department.

Suddenly a loud voice boomed on the PA system. "Attention, attention! After reviewing the footage, it has been determined by the referees that Oarai's flag tank's Hetzer kill flag popped up a half second before Chi-Ha-Tan's flag tank. Making the winner of this match Chi-Ha-Tan Academy!"

There was some silence at first from those who heard the announcement. That didn't last long as the Chi-Ha-Tan section began to cheer loud for the victory, with many letting out a long breath they had been holding in for what seem like ages. Chi-Ha-Tan had won, their third in a row, against all the odds place against them once more, but again finding the resolve that only tigresses knew. Never giving in, never saying never, and always ready to bear their fangs to the foe.