Number One Idiot (part 1)

Jesse Waldock: "This will only have two parts, like in the manga."

Seitarou: "33... 33, wake up..."

I opened my eyes. They took a minute to focus until I saw Seitarou crouching next to me. I whispered.

Jinx: "What is it, Seitarou? If I'm in trouble, can it wait till morning?"

Seitarou: "No, you're not in trouble but please come with me."

Jinx: "Uh- okay..."

I got out of bed and quietly left my cell with Seitarou. I rubbed my eyes and yawned as I walked with my hand in his.

Jinx: "My brothers will lose their minds if they wake up and I'm nowhere to be found."

Seitarou: "I'm aware, but this is an order from the supervisor."

I was very confused. If I wasn't in trouble, then why would Hajime call for me in the middle of the night? Seitarou took me to the guard room, but someone who was not Hajime was waiting for me.

Seitarou: "I brought, inmate 33, sir."

Kiji: "Thank you."

He gently pushed me in and shut the door.

Kiji: "Have a seat, dear. I have something I want to discuss with you."

Now I was even more confused than before. I sat across from him.

Jinx: "Why'd you want to see me, sir? And... in the middle of the night?"

Kiji: "I apologise for waking you, but this couldn't wait. With the warden's permission, I have arranged a small event for tomorrow. Involving a few inmates from this building, my building and building's 4 and 5."

Jinx: "What kind of event?"

Kiji: "I'm having the boys participate in an IQ test, as such. And this test will take the form of a school day."

Jinx: "A... school day?"

Kiji: "Yes."

I was still confused.

Jinx: "Okay... so what about me? You said the boys will be. Because I'm here, I assume you'll have our cell."

Kiji: "That's right. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can read and write, yes?"

Jinx: "Yes, sir. Self taught."

Kiji: "That's very impressive for someone your age. But at the same time, you were never properly educated in anything else, were you?"

I shook my head.

Kiji: "It is for that reason that I will have you not participate in this test. Because the whole reason for this test is to determine who the number one idiot of Nanba is."

I couldn't help but giggle at the idea.

Kiji: "And I feel it would be unfair to have a little girl like yourself participate. Especially when the questions will be quite high levelled. Do you understand?"

Jinx: "Yes. But... I still don't understand why I'm here now."

Kiji: "Well, I figured you would be a little downhearted about not being a student in this event."

I nodded.

Kiji: "So I thought I'd make you a teacher. Or a teacher's helper, more like."