Medicine & Poison (part 2) - Our Mentors

Hachiman: "You were talking pretty big earlier, shrimp! I think I'll flatten you first."

Liang: "Upa!"

Hachiman: "Fine, I'll smash you both!"

Nico and I jumped out of hiding. I dragged them both back out of the way.

Liang: "Jinx, what- I told you to stay put!"

Jinx: "But he was going to crush you! I had to help!"

Nico caught the mallet before it hit anyone.

Upa: "Nico? What are you doing here! I told you to stay out of this! You can't beat him, he's too strong!"

Nico: "I'm sorry, master, but listen!"

He was struggling.

Nico: "There is another reason why I didn't go with Jyugo and the others! I did it because without my medicine... I couldn't keep up... When I don't have it, my chest hurts really badly! And I start slowing down until I can barely move at all! So I had to leave them! Because if I'd gone, I would have just slowed them down and made them worry!"

Hachiman: "Who the hell are these kids?"

Nico: "I know I'm mostly a burden, but that isn't because I wanna be! I wanna help! I wanna fight with you! So for as long as I can still move! As long as there's some way I can help! I'll do the same thing that you guys did! And give it my best shot!!"

Nico managed to push the mallet away. He clutched his chest wincing.

Upa: "Nico, why...?"

He turned and smiled.

Nico: "Why do you think? Because I wanna be an awesome hero, just like you."

Upa: "Like me...?"

Liang: "The hell are you doing out here, Jinx? You were supposed to stay there too."

Jinx: "The same reason, Nico, did. I wanna help!"

Liang: "It's too dangerous out here for a little girl-"

Jinx: "Shut up! I said I'm wanna help so I'm gonna! End of story!"

Liang: "Why are you fighting me on this?! I just want you to be safe!"

Jinx: "...... You want to protect Samon, don't you?"

Liang: "Uh- where did-?"

Jinx: "You care about him because he's more than your supervisor. He's your mentor. Well... you're my mentor! So surely you understand how I feel!"

Liang: "Me? Your mentor? But... if something happens to you-"

Jinx: "Don't worry, okay."

I smiled.

Jinx: "Because everything you've taught me until now has lead up to a moment like this."

Suddenly a bunch of huge needles hit Nico in the back.

Jinx: "Nico!"

Liang: "Those needles..."

Hachiman: "I don't know how you avoided breathing that gas, but those needles have enough poison in them to kill a man ten times your size!"

Jinx: "Wait, their poison?"

I sighed with relief.

Liang: "How is that good?!"

Hachiman: "Say goodnight, kiddo."

Nico stood up straight.

Nico: "This stuff-"

Hachiman: "Impossible! I know those needles broke skin!"

Nico: "Won't work on me!!!"

Upa: "Seriously?!"

The needles fell to the floor.

Nico: "Prepare to fall, evildoer! Totes nailed it..."

Hachiman: "Hey, I'm over here!"

I couldn't help but laugh a little at Nico playing the hero.